Job description Hitachi Rail STS is a dynamic international railway signaling and transportation solutions company. A Multinational Company, leader in the design, manufacture and supply of railway signalling and transportation control equipment and systems. A career with us offers many benefits including professional growth and development and the opportunity to work in a global and culturally diverse team environment.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Telecoms Engineer (Senior level) to join our telecoms engineering team, working on rail systems projects based in our Brisbane office for one of our key projects in South East Queensland.
Working as part of the engineering design and delivery team, this role will be responsible for the design and commissioning of the Telecom Technologies in order to comply with the contractual requirements in terms of time, quality and cost either for the Tenders and medium complexity Backlog Projects (complex in terms of requirement, Customer relationship, country context). ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ensure the identification, the allocation, traceability and the fulfilment of the contractual requirements
- Ensure the identification and resolution of the interfaces with the main subsystems (e.g. Signaling, CW, Rolling Stock, etc.) according to the project design schedule
- Guarantee the complete Design (Preliminary Design, Detail Design and Installation Design) for Telecom technology according to the project design schedule and compliant to project requirements and company guidelines
- Guarantee the commissioning of each Telecom technology according to the project schedule
- Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents, according to the V&V Plan
- Guarantee the continuous updating of the Standard design in accordance to the technology innovation.
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
- 8+ year's relevant industry experience in communications systems delivery, specifically in the rail industry
- Minimum 5 years as a technical specialist in radio network implementation for railways
- Good time management skills and experience completing projects to specified time frame and budget
- Demonstrated experience in delivering voice and data communications systems for rail projects
- Proficient in layer 2 and layer 3 network design concepts
- Experience in GSM-R (GPRS) and LTE-R technologies
- Strong project experience to co-ordinate priorities and multiple tasks
- Sub-contract management experience
To apply please click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.