Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated ASSOCIATE LOCAL PROCUREMENT BUYER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Piossasco- Turin - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
Administrative procurement tasks and intermediate procurement activities (i.e. according to the commodity strategies) Accountabilities
- Ensure periodical spend reporting at Procurement Geographic Area Level
- Support local procurement activity execution preparing RFP / RFQ documentations
- Support local procurement activity execution in defining follow up during commercial clarifications to/from Suppliers and Interfacing with technical team for technical clarifications
- Ensure the collection and archiving of RFQ/RFP documentation
- Ensure signing supplier agreements (e.g. Contracts, orders, LOI) according to internal customer /project needs and in line with delegated powers and procurement internal processes and procedures
- Ensure the preparation and execution of PO/ Final Contract Documentation for relevant local procurement commodity/ category in alignment with procurement internal processes and procedures
- Support Quality Assurance for supplier accreditation and supplier evaluation, by monitoring and following up supplier performances for the assigned Procurement Geographic Area (vendor rating)
- Ensure Supplier performance analysis through performance reviews by collecting feedbacks from relevant units/internal customers (engineering units, financial depts., project managers...)
- Ensure the day by day negotiation execution aimed to reach cost saving
- Support business functions on specific required procurement actions aimed to achieve cost reduction
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- From 0 up to 3 years of Procurement expertise
- Cost & Commercial Acumen
- Benchmarking and risk management
- Suppliers relationship
- Statutory Policies and Organizational Processes
- Suppliers qualification processes and methods
- Vendor rating and suppliers monitoring
- IT Tools (Ms Office, SAP, E- Auctions,...)
- Procurement Planning Methods
- Purchasing Process and Procedures
University Degree (Engineering, Economics, Law) or Equivalent Technical Background Languages
Good English proficiency Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/