Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
Hitachi Vantara GDDC (Service Operations Centre) provides remote managed storage solutions to client based storage architectures.
Reporting to the GDDC Operations Manager, this individual will provide first line Storage provisioning and Incident Management in accordance with customer procedures and contracts. The Candidate is a team player, a motivator and a problem solver, able to analyse complex problems and form workable solutions.Responsibilities
• Administration - troubleshooting Hitachi VSP G/F series, VSP, USPv, HNAS, and HCP
• Storage file and content management
• Block level administration and implementation
• Allocation of SAN and NAS storage
• Administration of storage replication
• Hitachi Management products including HiCommand Suite(HCS) , HSNM2 and Tuning Manager
• Ideally have Brocade and Cisco experience
• Experienced in storage migration projects
• Would be advantageous to have EMC and Netapp experienceProfile
• At least 8 years' experience within complex IT environments including storage management and provision
• Hitachi Vantara Certification for both file and block preferred
• ITIL Certified and well versed with ITIL processes.
• Ability to operate within a Team Environment
In addition to the technical skills above, the successful candidate will have clear and concise written and oral communication skills, able to provide feedback in a positive and constructive manner, and able to operate effectively in a demanding environment.Competencies
• Excellent Written and Oral English Skills
• Accountability for own and team actions
• Attention to detail - producing accurate and full work in accordance with requests
• Knowledge Sharing - helping to develop technical and process Knowledge across the team
• Strong Customer Orientation
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.