Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
The Senior Finance Manager, APAC Services will provide overall financial support to the Asia Pacific Services Business Unit. This position will report directly to the CFO - Senior Finance Director, Asia Pacific.
The Senior Finance Manager will partner with the business leaders across the Professional Services, Managed Services and Customer Service - Support lines of business and be responsible for the monthly financial forecasts of revenue, margin and operating profit, analysis and insights for decision support and financial modelling for the annual operating plan. This role will be the finance lead on all deal governance pertaining to complex deal structures both pre and post contract across Asia Pacific.Job Title:
Financial Analyst, Australia - New ZealandLocation:
Macquarie Park, Sydney, AustraliaReports to:
Senior Finance Manager, APAC Services
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing financial insights and financial management of the Australia and New Zealand business. They will be a trusted advisor to the Sales Leadership providing compliant advice and solutions to support business growth and provide finance support on complex deals working closely with sales, operations and legal teams. In addition, this role will provide financial support to various business partners including functional leadership in the ANZ region.
Financial Analysis - Planning:
- Preparation and maintenance of the Annual Operating Plan for all business and support groups. This includes working with finance, sales and operational managers to gather and analyse relevant information.
- Detailed analysis and reporting of actual results against the operating plans, forecasts and prior years for all lines of business across Australia and New Zealand, explaining all variances and providing detailed insights.
- Prepare P-L projections for MSS deal proposals to assist with presenting to senior management to enable business decision on capacity upgrades and/or changes in scope.
- Prepare Quarterly Business Review across all lines of business:
- ANZ Business
- Sales by Region
- Services - Professional Services, Managed Services, Customer Service - Support
- Build financial models that provide business partners with key information to enable them to drive business and understand trends
- Assistance with the preparation of special reports or presentations by ANZ management on specific business initiatives or projects.
- Accurate reporting on spend/SG-A across all lines of business (including assignment and management of spend budgets within Country) Provide support and guidance to the business on sales and services compensation plan queries, reviewing high payout calculations and monitor and advise on any exception requests
- Prepare monthly product revenue and GM forecasts based on sales forecast, by product by deal and submit to APAC Finance HQ
- Work with the APAC Shared Services team on the month end close activities which includes reviewing cost centres and spend trends to ensure all costs are accurately accounted for on a monthly basis
- Drive - participate in design, implementation and monitoring of preventative - detective internal controls - related processes in field operations such as sales, procurement and general finance
- Provide support to the Finance Shared Service Centre and the ANZ business on fixed asset tagging and coding
- Complete Australian Bureau of Statistics Surveys and other financial surveys as required
- Represent finance in the weekly sales forecast cycle; be across all large deals and identify - highlight revenue recognition implications / risks.
- Manage deals from risk perspective (financial risk):
- Review and provide guidance on complex and large/significant deals, with the objective to maximise revenue and GM and provide a seamless experience for the sales team
- Seek internal approvals/socialise as appropriate; work with Revenue Performance team especially with regards to IFRS
- Track recovery of key funded deals to hold Sales teams accountable for investments
- Provide support to the Senior Finance Manager as required and assist with ad hoc duties as requested
- ANZ Finance Team
- ANZ Management Team
- ANZ Operations Team
- ANZ Sales - Services Team
- Internal and external audit team
- External Tax Advisors
- APAC Finance Team
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or CPA
- 3-5+ years experience post qualification
- Hands on financial analysis and modelling skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Experience with multi-year, multi-element, capital intensive and complex deal structuring
- Ability to objectively view issues (financial and non-financial issues)
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and how to apply.
- Broad based experience in hardware and software products, product support, professional services and the outsourcing of these activities.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Oracle Financials
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills
- Able to operate at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to objectively view issues (financial and non-financial issues)
- Common sense approach to problem solving with ability to think outside the norm and to follow initiatives through to completion without significant guidance.
- Ability to work well in a variety of different teams.
- Ability to facilitate and influence changes in external groups as well as within your own organization
- Good communication - presentation skills (verbal - written)
- Flexible approach and outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge