We are seeking a Partner Engineer to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing solutions leveraging Hitachi Vantara's Object Storage offerings. The Engineering team embraces a highly collaborative development model that requires deep Quality-focused involvement from start to finish of each project.
As a Partner Engineer, you will work with our Tech Partners to prove out solutions solving complex customer use cases. This requires deep technical understanding of how our Object Storage offerings integrate with our partner's software. This knowledge will be leveraged to provide best practices, in the form of whitepapers, giving our customers the most value from the solution.
- Setup and maintain highly performant test environment for enterprise solutions
- Interact with tech partners to understand integration details with Hitachi Vantara's Object Storage offerings
- Optimizing performance of integrated solutions both developed by Hitachi Vantara and 3rd party vendors
- Perform both manual and automated testing for complex projects
- Participate in creating test plans, test data, test cases, and automated tests
- Participate in reviews of business requirements
- Create whitepapers describing best practices for configuring both the partner's software and Hitachi Vantara's software
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering team members to communicate any identified bug fixes needed for new solutions
Experience and Skills
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new applications in a self-sufficient manner
- Ability to deploy, configure and support enterprise-grade applications
- Hands on experience deploying and troubleshooting applications in a Linux or Windows environment
- Experience working with on-premises and/or cloud infrastructure
- Experience observing and measuring key solution metrics and using them to identify improvements for solution performance and scaling
- Hands on experience with AWS S3 API protocols
- Experience developing testing strategies and conduct tests to demonstrate viability of enterprise-grade solutions
- Develop tools to monitor and report performance of solutions involving multiple software applications
- 5 - 10+ years of technical experience in a solutions development organization
- Experience with data platforms such as Cloudera or Splunk
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge