Hitachi Migration Engineer
Job ID: 1008773HV
Date Posted: Aug 21, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Vantara
Company Name: Hitachi Vantara Corporation
Profession (Job Category): Sales, Marketing & Product Management
- Primary Responsibilities:
• • Should be a team player and should possess very good inter-personal skills.
• Working knowledge of Operating Systems Windows and various flavour of Unix Solaris, AIX, HP Unix etc.
• Experience implementing ITIL and or operational best practices
• Experience in team management and assembling teams to perform services engagements.
• Ability to proactively track progress of all project team members and keep people (often, peers) on task
• Identify key deliverables, anticipate risks, handle trade-offs and can make decisions while being comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Ability to anticipate and head-off potential project delays (shifting business priorities, technical hurdles, project approvals from stakeholders, etc.)
• Experience working in a matrixed environment
• Design and hands on experience of Hitachi object storage HCP, S1X series and hands on experience to implement Brocade and Cisco SAN Switches,
• Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge of HCP Anywhere, HCP Gateway and HCP cloud scale
• Hands on experience in migrations methodologies from EMC centra to HCP, Legacy HCP to latest HCP and Migration experience in S3 object storage solutions.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the area of Object Storage, S3 and REST APIs
• Experience in working with Pentaho and Hitachi Content Intelligence would be an added advantage.
• Make appropriate technology recommendations in support of the operating model technology work stream providing sound solution options for senior management review and approval.
• Deep involvement in the planning and execution of the migration plans to migrate and/or
• decommission application instances and servers in scope without disruption to business groups.