Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for a Principal Architect with strong passion for exploring and learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment. Our mission is to develop gaming change IoT application platform embracing cutting edge technologies such as platform virtualization, big data analyze and machine learning, etc.
The ideal person for this role still loves and wants to code but also knows how to increase their impact by guiding the design and architecture of the product development team. A challenge that will demand rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing quality or attention to detail.
This role is a hands-on software architect responsible for working with cross-functional teams to define scalable architecture for Industrial IoT applications, platforms, products and services.
• This position will drive for innovation by developing prototypes, influencing product roadmap.
• Design, Develop, Implement and Deploy large scale, high availability software platform for IoT environment.
• Engaged with customers to understand use cases and suggest solution architecture
• Present technology and product capabilities at customer meetings, including internal and external events and conferences.
• Provide support in developing new product lines and upgrading existing products.
• Able to build architecture diagram and prototypes to solve specific use cases.
• Coordinate with product development team in defining project scope and approaches.
• Propose most effective architectural solutions to meet cost, quality and schedule requirementsWhat You Will Bring To The Team
• 15+ years of experience in the software industry, with experience in IoT or embedded platform and application development. Design, develop, implement and deploy high availability micro-services applications.
• Must have strong customer interaction, presentation and communication skills.
• Possess strong experience in design and development of full stack application based on Linux OS. Expert knowledge of Linux OS, Kernel, device driver, networking, etc. Expert understanding of multi-threaded priority development.
• Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VM, docker, container, Kubernetes, etc.
• Hands-on experience with orchestration tools and various cloud technologies.
• Familiar with IoT protocols, data analyze, object and unstructured database is highly desired.
• Solid knowledge in at least one of following programming languages: Go, C++, Python, Java
• Expert at breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Expert with agile/scrum
• Excellent communication skillsOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.