Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We are looking for a Principal Architect with strong passion for exploring and learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment. Our mission is to develop gaming change IoT application platform embracing cutting edge technologies such as platform virtualization, big data analyze and machine learning, etc.
The ideal person for this role still loves and wants to code but also knows how to increase their impact by guiding the design and architecture of the product development team. A challenge that will demand rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing quality or attention to detail.
This role is a hands-on software architect responsible for working with cross-functional teams to define scalable architecture for Industrial IoT applications, platforms, products and services.
• This position will drive for innovation by developing prototypes, influencing product roadmap.
• Design, Develop, Implement and Deploy large scale, high availability software platform for IoT environment.
• Engaged with customers to understand use cases and suggest solution architecture
• Present technology and product capabilities at customer meetings, including internal and external events and conferences.
• Provide support in developing new product lines and upgrading existing products.
• Able to build architecture diagram and prototypes to solve specific use cases.
• Coordinate with product development team in defining project scope and approaches.
• Propose most effective architectural solutions to meet cost, quality and schedule requirements
• 15+ years of experience in the software industry, with experience in IoT or embedded platform and application development. Design, develop, implement and deploy high availability micro-services applications.
• Must have strong customer interaction, presentation and communication skills.
• Possess strong experience in design and development of full stack application based on Linux OS. Expert knowledge of Linux OS, Kernel, device driver, networking, etc. Expert understanding of multi-threaded priority development.
• Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VM, docker, container, Kubernetes, etc.
• Hands-on experience with orchestration tools and various cloud technologies.
• Familiar with IoT protocols, data analyze, object and unstructured database is highly desired.
• Solid knowledge in at least one of following programming languages: Go, C++, Python, Java
• Expert at breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Expert with agile/scrum
• Excellent communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.