Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Role
This role is a hands-on Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing IOT applications platform and solutions. The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative.
8 or more years' experience as an engineer with drive for innovation by developing prototypes, influencing product road map. This person should have a passion for exploring, learning and developing new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
• 6+ years of experience in the software industry, which at least 5 years are in IOT platform and application development
• Possess strong experience in design and development of full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture. Knowledge of 12-factor application and proficient in applying common design patterns.
• Strong experience in GoLang, C/C++, Java, Kubernetes, containers, RESTful services
• Database experience must be familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
• Experience in embedded development a plus.
• Experience in testing framework - Mocking frameworks
• Hands-on in design and code reviews
• Design, Develop, Implement and Deploy enterprise level, high availability applications
• Collaborate with developers on design architecture, and implementation using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Expert understanding of multi-threaded priority based systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.