Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara is growing and we are looking for Customer Support Engineers to join us in providing excellent, hands-on customer service. This is a mid-entry-level role where you will focus on learning as well as providing direct support to our customers.
Associates will work under the direction of a Senior Customer Engineer, assisting in installations and/or maintenance, monitoring error logs and replacing components as needed. As skills and knowledge grow, so will responsibilities. Personal flexibility to work a variety of hours is key to success as customer needs drive interaction and response, working weekend and on-call hours. The Associate may be the only person in a region and must be able to work independently, reach out for help, work with others at a distance and build strong relationships both inside the company and with customers.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Performing basic break/fix repairs following documented procedures
- Assist with installations and/or maintenance actions such as replacing simple failed components, such as HDD's, controllers, and power supplies.
- Responsible for parts returns and administrative duties such as maintaining tracking and inventory systems
- Monitor system tracking/error logs on a daily basis and bring any problems to attention appropriately
- Able to identify and explore potential impacts of fixes or other remedies
- Ensure all departmental KPI's are met
- Communicates clearly with other team members and management
- Able to work with multiple customers and build strong relationships
- Continuous process improvement mindset; continued independent learning desire
- Technical College or Trade School training in Information Systems, Computer Science or Electronics, or combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Hitachi or like storage, SAN and network environments, is a plus.
- Must have basics of today's technology platforms in the storage arena.
- Hands-on experience with technology; PC Tech, Computer Operations, Electronic Tech, Network Administrator, or similar roles
- Positive attitude, ability to stay focused and follow prescribed processes
- Enjoy problem solving and tenacious in approach - ability to stick with investigation until you find the problem
- Patience and Customer Service Skills
- Flexibility - able to work weekends and nights for on-call duty, including holidays, understands the on-going and changing demands of the position
- Fluent in both French and English
- Experience with Operating Systems: Windows and LINUX
- Open Systems and basic understanding of today's technology platforms
- Microsoft Certifications
- Exposure to Storage Area Networks, Brocade / Cisco switches
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge