Meet Our Team
As the Executive Communications Director, you will partner and interact with C-level executives on communications and engagement initiatives, projects and programs. You will have the opportunity to partner with executives to build content to deliver the right message to the right audience at the right time to help them advance their leadership agenda. You will also routinely collaborate with internal partner functions (BU Leadership, Legal, HR, etc.) and consider global complexities and communications protocols.
Must have ability to synthesize clear, concise narratives from a multitude of disparate sources, and be skilled at managing multiple priorities simultaneously. Outstanding project/timeline management skills required. Stakeholder management is key. You will be a trusted adviser to senior leaders sharing candid feedback, being the voice of the employee and providing a data-driven perspective to help guide communications strategies that produce demonstratable outcomes. You will help executives deliver written and spoken communications in a way that resonates and builds trust with their audience. You excel in highly collaborative roles, working with teammates, leadership, and stakeholders and are able to thrive in ambiguous situations with tight deadlines.What you'll be doing
- Interact with and influence executives and provide advice that reflects an understanding of their business, leadership style and objectives
- Communications strategy - taking ownership of tactics and outcomes and measuring their impact
- Build and deliver communications plans that integrate into the wider Hitachi Vantara communications strategy
- Develop, write and edit communications for senior executives, including emails, social media posts and internal and external presentations
- Create and execute communications and engagement programs to celebrate and grow our diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Create and manage channels to help stakeholders effectively reach their audience, share information, and listen to feedback
What you bring to the team
- Develop compelling individual narratives for Hitachi Vantara's executive leadership team in partnership with executive communications staff. They will help craft executives' points of view on business, technology, industry, and societal trends that align to our corporate narrative, and that we can share through blogs, video, social media and other channels.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience Executive Communications and public relations programs
- Experience in large, global B2B technology, software, services companies a plus.
- A content master - strong writer and storyteller that can draft compelling messaging for use in press releases, messaging documents, press presentations, bylines, blogs and FAQs.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality work, calmly and with good judgment in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience; MBA or advanced degree a plus.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge