The Americas Manager of Finance will be one of the key financial business partners in support of the Americas Sales - Services Organization within Hitachi Vantara. This individual will report to the Head of Finance, Americas and partner with the Geo Sales leads and their staff. The ideal candidate will perform financial analysis and modeling to accelerate future business planning decisions, be an active participant in performing month end close, forecast, reporting and drive functional AOP and long-range planning. The ability to communicate effectively at all levels is critical to this role.
As a key business partnering role, you will focus on performance analysis, complex deal review, competitive intelligence, and compensation management. This role will be called upon to evaluate strategic options, develop and implement meaningful methods of financial analysis and be responsible for understanding and analyzing the impact of individual decisions on the overall business. In addition, you will be asked to drive operational effectiveness around the compilation and synthesis of multiple, enterprise-level datasets. You will have a unique opportunity to influence a core part of Hitachi Vantara's strategy. Job Responsibilities
- Provide financial support to functional business areas including forecasting, budgeting, and various analysis.
- Design operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Review and approve recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team.
- Utilize previously acquired technical experience to become actively involved in day-to-day projects to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Work closely with Geography and functional leads to ensure that financial goals are attained and reported.
- Think strategically and plan effectively; be hands on, detail and results oriented and manage multiple tasks against deadlines.
- Manage, prepare, administer, and direct the control of the budget. Monitor functions' and departments' adherence to approved budgets.
- Capacity to "build financial tools" that solve business use and analysis problems.
- Independently conduct financial and business research and analysis in response to ongoing and ad-hoc Unit and Corporate requests.
- Extend existing financial tools (primarily MS Excel based) towards improved workflow and operational use of numerous data sets.
- This individual must work effectively with senior level employees within the Geography, across functions and with external parties.
- Select, develop and provide input to evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Geo - Global Management teams
- Geo Deal Support Controllers
- Financial Shared Services organizations
- Sales Ops organization
- WW VP Finance and Finance Staff, as well as FP-A counterparts in other Geo's/regions/countries
- Corporate Finance team (FP-A, Global Services, Controller, US Consolidation, IA-C)
- External audit partner and fiscal authorities
- A minimum of 6 years of experience as an individual contributor and 2+ years as a people manager is required
- A high level of integrity and ethics
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance. CPA/MBA desired
- Sales Finance and Operations experience a plus
- Computer literate, good analytical skills with business sense - advanced MS Excel skills required (VBA Coding a strong plus)
- Experience driving business solutions within a MS Excel and MS Access environment; developing compilers and analytics from large datasets
- Excellent business Acumen and judgment and demonstrated ability to work closely and build sustainable business partnerships with Sales - other global functions
- Excellent communication - written - verbal
- Highly motivational and can work under pressure and tight deadline
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, and or IFRS accounting standards
- Influencing skills at all levels of the business
- Capable of dealing with management in country and various locations
- Confident dealing with matrix management structure
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: