Meet the Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a Technical Product Manager/ Scrum Master to join our organization as we grow and transform our Agile landscape. In this position, you will leverage your expertise to lead Agile practices at the team level for one or multiple teams supporting Application Engineering\\PES\\Custom- Cloud Native projects, assist with managing the flow of work, creatively solve problems to accomplish outcomes, track team output and achievement, and identify continuous process improvement opportunities What You Bring to the Team
- Practice and encourage Agile mindset and behaviors; coach, inspire and mentor teams on Agile principles, values and practices while role modeling leadership behaviors.
- Independently lead the application of Agile practices for multiple teams. Actions often visualizing work, limiting work in progress, managing work flow, planning and guidance for daily stand ups, sprint planning, short, mid, and long range planning, backlog refinement, and retrospective meetings.
- Ensure progress toward objectives, KPIs and commitments; guide assigned Agile teams to deliver the required outcomes.
- Partner with key stakeholders (i.e. Agile Coach, Product Owner, Program Manager) in backlog prioritization as well as tracking and reporting metrics, providing visibility to the team and stakeholders, ensuring a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Identify opportunities to improve team-level Agile performance; focus teams on customer value, quality and continuous improvement activities. Remove team-level impediments and resolve conflicts; anticipate challenges, identify risks, and recommend mitigations and solutions.
- Utilize learnings and best practices in furthering the effective use of Agile practices at Hitachi Vantara
- Facilitate open communication among team members and stakeholders; promote positive team dynamics to ensure members collaborate and work effectively.
- Participate and actively contribute to the Agile Community, partnering closely with Agile Coaches and Leadership
- Increase the overall Agile maturity for teams and support higher complexity work towards successful outcomes.
- Supports Agile team(s) that have various levels of agile maturity; actively works to upskill those teams in agile practices and increases their overall agile maturity.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and influence by enhancing agile practices.
- 3 years of project\\product management or related experience in Application Development and Consulting Services delivering Enterprise Application/Products
- 3 years' experience in a Scrum Master or similar Agile role applying Agile principles and practices including delivery of several epics, releases and versions and application of a wide variety of patterns and techniques (i.e. leveraging burndown, facilitating retrospectives, refining user stories, etc.) preferred.
- Programming/development experience preferred.
- Experience implementing best practices and standards related to Agile product development preferred.
- Experience leading others with the ability to earn trust while still challenging the team to improve and operate outside its comfort zone in an Agile environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Scrum Master certification (CSM, SSM, PSM) preferred
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge