Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Service Signaling Engineering Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be the person responsible to design and implement the Service Signaling System Engineering activities for OS&M Engineering at Global level and support the Head of the function to shape the Service Signaling Engineering Strategy across the world. The position is based in Genoa, Italy
. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Manage the full Service Signaling Engineering scope at Global level, including the LOG Analysis from the signaling systems
- Manage Product Reliability and Reliability Growth of signaling systems
- Ensure the definition and the achievement of the QCD (Quality, Cost, Delivery) targets for the Service Signaling Engineering activities
- Ensure the management of a global and international team in order to cover all the Service Signaling activities in all the Countries
- Ensure a strong relation and collaboration with all the relevant departments of Operations Rolling Stock and Signaling & Turnkey units
- Manage the Service Signaling Systems obsolescence
- Act as primary technical Interface for the O&M Engineers and O&M Operation for all related to Service Signaling systems
- Act as the primary technical interface for the S&T Product Engineering for all related to Service Signaling systems
- Ensure the requirement management process for Prognostic and Diagnostic needs in Onboard and Wayside equipment
- Collaborate in the Design for Maintenance activities for Service Signaling Systems, participating in all relevant Design Reviews when required
- Ensure the management of external Engineering Company for all related to Service Signaling Engineering
- Ensure the necessary contribution during Bidding phase for new Projects for all related to Service Signaling Engineering activities
- Manage the Workload and the Resource Strategy for Service Signaling Engineering Team
- Ensure the development of competencies, skills and knowledge of the assigned resources in alignment with Group HR strategy, guidelines and policies.
- Ensure the implementation of the Global Hitachi Rail Group culture and the development of behaviours /competences in line with the Hitachi values and a collaborative approach.
- Ensure the assignment of the targets to the assigned resources in line with Hitachi Rail Group goals.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum 15 years of Railway Signaling Onboard and Wayside Signaling engineering experience
- Minimum 10 year of experience in management of Engineering Team in Railway Business in International Environment
- Knowledge of Wayside & Onboard Signaling Systems for Railway and LRT as Metro and Tramway
- Knowledge of ERTMS/ETCS Applications for High Speed Lines
- Knowledge of SCMT for both design and maintenance management
- Experience in Test & Commissioning activities
- Knowledge and experience in CBTC & ATC Applications
- RAMS experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of Train Communication Systems (T2W)
- International experience and proven capability to manage internationals teams
- Knowledge of Maintenance task and its economic impact on the Total Cost of Ownership
- Willingness challenge yourself with large-scale International projects
- Team person, able to work with a variety of stakeholders, Excellence Negotiation and communication Skills
- Excellent Leadership Skills and ability to influence diverse international teams able to sustain also a big increase of the team in term of skills and number of engineers
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively and apply judgement and experience to make effective and timely decisions.
- Previous experience in O&M Engineering
- Operation and Maintenance Processes Knowledge
- Experience in modern Lean and Agile Organization.
Mechanical Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering. Languages
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts