Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
All Service Desk Advisors will work with Hitachi sales representatives and customers to discover requirements, create and price service proposals, and ensure a smooth sales process.
The Service Desk Advisor will take service requests and incoming calls from Hitachi sales representatives and determine the best way to engage the professional services team: select a pre-defined service from a list; learn more from the customer to select a service; or escalate to a Services Sales Principal to pursue a complex opportunity. The advisor will be responsible for handling inquiries promptly and effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. As a Junior Service Desk Advisor you will:
What you bring to the team
- Classify call and e-mail inquiries from sales and customers by following a defined process; take appropriate action based on the opportunity type.
- Work with sales representatives to select and position pre-defined services.
- Transition high-value service opportunities to the Services Sales Professionals for further development.
- Update the ticketing system to reflect the status for each service opportunity.
- Build rapport with sales and customers through friendly, engaging communication; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotes.
- Business proficient in English (any additional language will be a plus)
- Bachelor's degree in computing/finance/business/technical studies will be a plus
- Preferably one or more years of experience in technical sales or inside sales or telemarketing
- Capability of leveraging CRM software and other common computer software such as web presentation tools, Power Point, MS Word, Outlook and MS Excel.
- Communication skills. Ability to speak in a friendly way to sales, customers and potential customers; listening to their needs and communicating options for them.
- Demonstrate capacity to understand technical topics and work in a multicultural environment
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge