Meet our Team
As Enterprise Transformation Program Senior Director you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of a company-wide program focused on consolidation and simplification of the corporate and business application portfolio, and changes to the associated business processes.
Supporting the program executive sponsors and program executive steering committee, this role has overall, end-to-end responsibility for the enterprise transformation program from shaping the approach to achieving the desired outcomes.
The enterprise transformation program will be a multi-year, business and technology initiative focused on consolidation and simplification or multiple commercial-of-the-shelf (COTS) platforms including financials, supply chain, sales, marketing, service, professional services, configure price quote, and human resources.
You will coordinate program resources across the Hitachi Vantara Global IT organization, other Hitachi Vantara functions (finance, sales, service, professional services, human resources, etc), and external systems integrators and implementation partners.
You will have extensive experience successfully leading complex, large-scale, technology enabled, business change initiatives.
This is a transformational leadership role reporting to the program executive sponsors (Chief Information Officer and Chief Financial Officer) with significant visibility and interaction with members of the Hitachi Vantara Executive Committee, the Global IT Leadership Team (ITLT) and senior cross-functional business stakeholders.
This position will reside in our Englewood, CO office and will be a mix of on site and remote including some light travel. What you'll be doing
• Lead the development of the overall approach for the program, major time frames and the definition of major milestones and deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes.
• Partner with the executive sponsors to agree program goals, objectives and outcomes.
• Lead regular interactions with the executive sponsors to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the program outcome.
• Establish and ensure appropriate governance functions for the program, in accordance with enterprise policies and practices, on behalf of the executive sponsors.
• Manage and drive deployment and use of industry-specific accelerators (templates, best practices, automation tools) from external systems integrators and delivery partners for faster delivery
• Direct the creation and maintenance of required program documentation and artifacts.
• Develop and control the program budget, and manage expenditure within agreed spending plans.
• Ensure and balance the availability of the required skills and competencies across Global IT, corporate functions, and business unit teams within the program.
• Lead reviews with the executive sponsors and stakeholders to identify specific program needs and changes, and direct the development of appropriate approaches to address.
• Lead the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications and reporting.
• Act as an advisor, building and maintaining relationships across the wider stakeholder community.
• Oversee execution of projects within the program, progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
• Monitor and coordinate dependencies across the projects in the program, and resolve conflicts.
• Lead proactive identification and management of project risks and issues
• Define and monitor program metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)Your Work Experience
• Demonstrated experience leading large-scale change initiatives with enterprise level impact including programs with extensive cross-functional team involvement across technology, business unit, and corporate functions
• Minimum 20 years experience in technology project management with at least 10 years in leadership roles
• Extensive experience leading large, complex global programs with onshore and offshore delivery resources
• Extensive experience with commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) application implementation such as financial/ERP platforms (eg Oracle ERP Cloud), sales and service platforms (eg Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud), professional services platforms (eg Kimble, FinancialForce), human capital platforms (eg Workday) and configure price quote platforms (eg FPX, Salesforce Revenue Cloud)
• Demonstrated ability to partner with systems integrators and systems implementation consultants and hold them accountable for contractual deliverables and obligations
• Deep experience with Agile project management frameworks
• Proven success in leadership demonstrated by the ability to build, develop and retain high performing and highly effective teams.What you bring to the team
• Strong communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate new concepts effectively and drive change in process and behaviors.
• Ability to be a company-wide change-agent that influences strategic actions and mindset changes.
• Proven leadership abilities with an emphasis on collaboration and executive stakeholder management to gain their confidence and support.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills. Must be able to develop compelling business presentations and communicate technical topics to a business audience.
• Excellent influencing and consultative skills with the ability to partner with and engage at multiple levels within Hitachi Vantara, service provider and vendor organizations.
• Large-scale project leadership and delivery with COTS software implementation and business process re-engineering.
• Strong people leadership capabilities including guiding and coaching team members when required, developing talent, and ensuring accountability for commitments that are made.
• Direct experience leading complex, global IT projects with a combination of employee and third-party resources.
The educational requirements for this role are:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, finance or business administration.
• MBA or advanced certification desirable.
• Formal project management qualification (e.g. Project Management Professional) desirable.
• Agile project management certification (e.g. Certified Scrum Master) desirable."For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $161,000 - $230,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions."Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge