What you'll be doing
8+ years of relevant Storage Administrator experience
• EMC arrays - thorough knowledge with minimum 6 years on these arrays (VMAX/Powermax)
• EMC replication - must have done disaster recovery testing including SRDF configurations
• Cisco Fabric - must have worked on CISCO fabric
• Hitachi arrays - must have worked on Hitachi G series and VSP type arrays
• Must have worked on IBM arrays XIV or A9000 types
• Excellent understanding of Storage architecture
• Expertise on 2 or more Storage products Dell EMC Unity (NAS -Block), VNX (NAS -Block)) NetApp (Cdot, 7mode) and Hitachi HNAS
• SAN and NAS Infrastructure build deployment;
• Excellent working knowledge of multi-path software
• Operating system command exposure (Unix and Wintel for limited administration purposes)
• Good working knowledge of SAN storage best practice
• Firmware application, both upgrading and downgradingWhat you bring to the team
- • SAN and NAS Infrastructure build deployment;
• Implementation of and compliance with Customer's Security Policies;
• Response to daily issues and changes as they relate to the storage build Infrastructure administration;
• Escalate capacity constraints to Storage Build leadership teams;
• Update SAN / NAS Confluence Database;
• Work with Customer teams to resolve any storage build allocation issues;
• Compliance with all established Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) ;
• Maintain environment updates, prevent security vulnerabilities;
• Collaborate with Data Center, Network, and other hosting group's teams on project initiatives including performance optimization and capacity management.
• Incident and Case Management. Provide SME level support for performance and outage related incidents. Work with Wintel / UNIX / ESX / Citrix SA teams and storage vendors on case escalation and troubleshooting.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge