Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara's Global Business Intelligence team, based in Krakow. Our analytics solutions bring value to multiple functions from HV's Digital Infrastructure BU including Sales, Services and Product organizations. This team thrives on collaboration and an ongoing desire to learn and grow together. We are looking for a data professional to lead this team. The Manager, BI - Analytics role is a critical role in the ongoing transformation of HV. The role, reporting into the Director of Business Insights and Strategy, will oversee a group of BI professionals and enable data driven decision making by creating tools, reports, and dashboards used to help drive business effectiveness, as well as improve operational excellence throughout the company.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Establish and mange BI project priorities, support the team's efforts in forecasting/ evaluating requirements, and creating development estimates and timelines
- Manage a team of strong technical professionals that are developing reporting solutions and analytics products for our organization. Drive a high-performance culture, focused on delivery and outcomes. Be a mentor and invest in talent development and promote career and personal growth for our team members. Foster a culture of innovation, automation and transformation within the team.
- Apply agile development methods/ techniques to iteratively develop and consistently/ timely deliver on solutions to the business/ clients
- Drives a structured approach and uses data driven analysis to quantify problems and identifies solutions across a variety of business functions/ areas.
- Leverage advanced SQL, data visualization skills, and experience with databases (design/architecture/ETL) to guide the team reporting and analytics, infrastructure development
- Highly proficient in exerting influence within matrix organizations with a focus on execution of outlined objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Data Sciences / Analytics / Statistics / Biostatistics or related field is required; Master's degree is preferred.
- 3+ years proven experience in building business intelligence and analytics solutions; 2+ years managing technical BI teams
- Proficient/ strong analytical skills with an understanding of data models and how they are used in building BI/Analytics solutions incl. advanced SQL, Excel skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to think logically and critically to define problems, develop solutions and recommendations; Creative/ out of the box-thinking
- Experience with iterative development methodology (i.e. Agile, Extreme Programing) is preferred
- Excellent ability to engage, build relationships, establish trust, influence and drive alignments across various levels of stakeholders including executive management
- Self-directed and results-oriented; strong bias for execution
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge