Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Quality Engineering CMM Technician ROLE:
The CMM Technician is responsible for utilizing and calibrating Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) to ensure compliance with customer specifications and expectations. . RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and operate Coordinate Measuring Machines.
- Program CMM's using PC-DMIS CAD++ offline using CAD models and or 2-D prints.
- Assure correct CMM program utilized per the task presented.
- Debug and optimize avoidance moves, path lines, and hit points to improve CMM efficiency.
- Perform Gage R&R studies on new and existing CMM programs to ensure gaging error is at an acceptable level.
- Perform required tool qualification.
- Perform CMM maintenance and troubleshooting to include replacing wrists, probes, and styli including 5-way star styli.
- Replace tools and build tool profiles in PC-DMIS.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities on measurement equipment.
- Oversee capability studies and stats collection.
- Move and confirm existing and archive CMM programs to improve product flow through the metrology lab.
- Design, source and approve CMM part holding fixtures through existing and or new vendors.
- Evaluate measurement results and composition, and develop corrective actions or repair requests for castings and tooling.
Prefer 2+ years' CMM experience. Experience with PC-DMIS is highly preferred.
- Foundational understanding of GD&T.
- PC-DMIS CMM Programming skills preferred.
- Solid work history.
- Good oral communications.
- Understanding and following instructions.
- Problem solving.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Positive work attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work without supervision.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement