Sr. Full Stack Developer
As Hitachi, Ltd.'s global digital modernization company, with operations in the United States, Europe and Asia, Hitachi Vantara is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT strategies and solutions to Global 2000 companies across many industries. With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, we work with companies to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement practical business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, our consultants are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI.
As a part of Product Engineering Services practice, we are looking for talented Java full stack developers to join us to contribute to practice initiatives and keep current in the latest technology developments in the Cloud and Product Engineering space. Responsibilities / Duties
Works on projects of all sizes to provide software design and development to support deliverables and/or project objectives. Activities will not limit to:
Work with agile teams as they perform feature level design, development, testing, performance analysis and document to ensure that software meets business needs
Contribute to software architecture and design
Develop the required technical pieces/ end-to-end solutions for multi layered applications on a variety of technology stacks
Conduct code review to ensure code following the code best practices guidelines
Support for deployment and maintenance applications
Ability to lead a module development and take it to completion.Requirements / Qualification
- Design, Develop - Test Java, SpringBoot, GraphQL based REST/JSON Web Services deployed on AWS ECS Fargate
- Design, Develop - Test Typescript, NodeJS based REST/JSON Web Services deployed on AWS Lambda
- Design, Develop - Test AWS AppSync based GraphQL services.
- Design, Develop - Test Terraform based Infrastructure as Code scripts to automate AWS infrastructure setup
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in Java/full-stack development with strong software engineering background principle: writing modular clean code, clearing analytical and logical thinking
- 4+ years of experience with designing, developing and deploying applications to AWS Cloud
- 3+ years of experience working as a technical/team/module lead for team size of 3-4
- Experience in full lifecycle of software development or methodology using Agile Scrum/Kanban etc.; requirements analysis, designs, codes, tests, debugs and document
- Experience with React or Angular development using Node.js
- Experience in OOP, design patterns, containers, microservices, serverless implementations
- Experience with RDBMS including OSS (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.) and NoSQL Databases including OSS (Cassandra, MongoDB etc.)
- Experience with Java, AWS technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, CloudFront, IAM, SNS, SQS, KMS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and must be a quick learner with organized problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge