Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what is now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we would love to hear from you.What You will Be DoingTechnical / Solution Architect
The Technical / Solutions Architect will be the technical leader in all phases of the application/product development cycle, including requirements analysis, conceptual design, project estimation, detailed design, software construction and deployment and will facilitate and lead the core development process as well as ensure proper interaction with existing technology and selected add-on technologies.
The Solution Architect is the driving force behind the delivery of technical solutions. By guiding the selection and implementation of appropriate technologies, the Solution Architect ensures that solutions are secure, accurate, performant, maintainable and aligned with Enterprise Architecture standards and patterns.
The Solution Architect remain intimately engaged with technical solutions by actively reviewing technical designs and implementations. They are offered the opportunity to continuously develop their skillsets by contributing to the implementation of POCs and product features, as well as through participation in guilds, training, and conferences.Qualifications:Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or Software Engineering
- 10+ years of application development experience with large scale business applications in agile or fast-paced development environment
- 8+ years of technical and/or management consulting experience architecting enterprise and application solutions
- 5+ years designing, developing, and implementing business applications from business concept through to production
- 5+ years of consulting and delivery of AWS based solutions
- 5+ years experience leading business application development teams of 5+ team members
- Solid knowledge of Java/Open Source and Cloud Native Application development, including experience working on initiatives that included full stack development of multi-tiered distributed systems implemented based on clean architecture patterns, involving complex business domains, either relational or non-relational persistent storage, and web or desktop user interfaces (e.g. Angular or React).
- Experience building systems with high security standards. Familiarity with common vulnerabilities and attack vectors and how to prevent them.
- Experience building cloud native applications or migrating applications to the cloud a plus.
- Demonstrable ability to break large architectural and implementation problems into logical smaller solutions.
- Ability to define, maintain, and manage architecture models and artifacts (e.g. current and future state application architecture diagrams, data models, etc.).
- Ability to influence and persuade Product Owners and team members to support proposed architectural changes.
- Ability to mentor team members to improve their understanding of good software design practice and implementation strategy (CICD, test automation etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to tailor message to audience.
- Ability to communicate sophisticated technology concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to build consensus and align teams on strategic architectural direction and technical decisions.
- Solid understanding of and ability to communicate objectives and benefits of modern architectural standards, patterns, and practices.
- Working knowledge of agile practices
- Deep domain expertise in
- AWS based Cloud native application architectures (containers, microservices, serverless, PaaS, API Management etc)
- Container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS).
- Strong Database skills around RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Chef, Puppet)
- DevOps tooling: Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, GitHub
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge