Job ID: R0003077
Date Posted: Jul 6, 2021
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Customer Service & Contact Center Operations
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Company: Hitachi Astemo Electric Motor Systems America, Inc.
Location: Berea, KY
Status: Regular, Full-Time (Exempt)
Summary: Under the direction of department management exercises responsibility for execution of the company's strategic and tactical plans through department and related staff for the Purchasing department. This position exercises independent judgment routinely and operates within established guidelines.
Essential Functions: Includes the following (other duties may be documented and assigned by local management and some duties may not apply dependent upon the requirements of the position at (Astemo) USMS and/or the strengths of the employee and the needs of the company):
• Complies with instructions regarding the purchasing system and procedures
• Performs sourcing activities with a basic objective of selecting best possible suppliers (quality, price, and delivery)
• Obtains required number of quotes and prepares special reports as needed
• Recommends supplier selection to Manager
• Analyzes supplier pricing and obtains approval from Manager for price changes
• Prepares and issues purchase orders
• Negotiates and monitors standard and nonstandard purchase agreements
• Actively pursues cost reduction initiatives including VA related activities
• Establishes and maintains constructive relationship with vendor personnel
• Analyzes material market cost conditions and reports to Manager
• Analyzes market conditions to determine present and future material availability and reports to
• Assists in the training and development of junior level Buyers
• May be assigned to coordinate special projects within the Purchasing function.
• Adheres to all safety policies & guidelines.
• Adheres to all government and company laws/rules regarding antitrust issues.
• Represents company in an ethical manner.
Knowledge, skills & abilities: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Possess ability to perform duties utilizing current company software applications. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills required. This position performs job duties in an ethical and professional manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong communications skills (written and oral) are essential
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a highly demanding, time-sensitive environment
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to exercise sound judgment when making decisions
• Ability to work with and get along with others
• Experience in negotiations
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor of Business Administration or related field is preferred.
Experience: 5 years or more experience as a Buyer is preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities: May be assigned supervisory responsibilities and/or required to provide guidance and training to other procurement personnel.
Physical Demands: Generally physical demands are those of a typical office environment. However, some lifting may be required in support of various activities (i.e., supporting physical inventories, etc.). Requirement to spend several hours at a time on the plant floor is sometimes necessary (i.e., visiting supplier's facilities for audit purposes; spending time on the Hitachi plant floor, etc.).
Travel: Travel is necessary for this position including some overseas travel.
Work Environment: Majority of time is spent in a typical office environment. However, there will be times when spending several hours at a time in a factory floor environment is necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.