Job ID: R0003073
Date Posted: Jun 28, 2021
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Administration & Facilities
Job Type (Experience Level): Internship
Job Schedule: Full time
Intern, Machine Learning
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: R&D/Industrial AI Lab
Status: Intern, Full-Time
Duration: September - December 2021
Hitachi America, Ltd. (http://www.hitachi-america.us/) has openings for Interns in the Industrial AI Laboratory located in Silicon Valley. The mission of this laboratory is to help create new and innovative solutions that utilize artificial intelligence and advanced analytics for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The laboratory focuses on research, technology innovation, proof-of-concept activities, technical marketing and business development for novel AI solutions, leveraging Hitachi’s technologies, reinforcing Hitachi’s messaging around big data, and establishing Hitachi as a leader in Industrial AI.
We are seeking interns in machine learning (deep learning, reinforcement learning), robotics, analytics, etc. to work on developing innovate algorithms and solutions for smart industry, social innovation and the industrial Internet of Things. The successful candidates will have an opportunity to solve challenging real-world problems, and to contribute solutions that will benefit society. You will work in a team environment with significant interaction with researchers.
More information about the research done at the Industrial AI Laboratory can be found at:
More information about Hitachi Industrial IoT technology can be found at:
· A Ph.D. student in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, or related fields.
· A background and research experience in deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning algorithms and their applications. Knowledge of time series analysis techniques is a plus.
· Good programming skills and knowledge of data science tools and libraries in Python or R and experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow. Knowledge of big data platforms is a plus.
· A record of publications in top machine learning or data mining conferences or journals
· In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following behavioral characteristics:
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.