ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Work with Mechanical Supervisor for prioritization of job list.
- Conducting daily, weekly, and monthly safety audits as requested by Supervisor.
- Keep accurate record of paint and wash supply inventory. Documenting and submitting purchase order request forms to immediate supervisor for supply restock.
- Responsible for washing and painting all incoming and outgoing mechanical assemblies, wheel groups, hydraulic cylinders, and struts, including other various suspension and steering control components.
- Ability to operate and maintain wash bay pressure washing systems, caustic hot tank, and industrial parts washer. Operate the steam pressure washer to safely clean dirt, debris, grease, oil, etc. from various types of parts and assemblies.
- Maintain filter inventory and changeout in wash systems and paint ventilation systems.
- Weekly checks and maintenance of PH levels and solutions in wash systems in caustic hot tank.
- Safely set up various stands for painting all incoming and outgoing components.
- Using and maintaining pneumatic paint sprayers and paint sprayer wash system. Mixing ratios of paint and paint thinners for optimal results. Perform prep of components to paint ensuring all areas requiring masking and/or grease is completed prior to paint.
- Perform painting tasks with a finish that is of high quality to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Safe use of various size forklifts, overhead cranes and lifting devices for transporting parts and assemblies in and out of the wash and paint bay.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance inspections and logs of all material-handling equipment, including forklifts, cranes, jibs and rigging.
- Assist with other duties as directed by supervision or management.
Position will not be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
Position requires collaboration with department managers and current/potential customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- 1-2 years industrial washing and painting experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of pneumatic paint sprayers and maintenance
- 1-2 years rigging and overhead crane experience preferred; current certification preferred.
- 1-year Forklift experience preferred; current forklift certification preferred.
- Basic hand tool use and care.
- Must be able to work extended periods of time wearing a respirator mask, work in highly humid conditions present in wash bay, work in above ambient temperatures for extended periods, and task appropriate PPE.
- Ability to be alert and aware of safety issues and safeguards
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- 1-2 years man lift/scissor lift operation preferred.
- Basic understanding of fall protection preferred.