Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the around the globe? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
In this exciting permanent role, based in our Newton Aycliffe depot, the Product Data Engineer will be responsible for the following
- Ensuring that engineering data system functionality is optimised and integrated by having expert system knowledge at both local team and organisational level and be capable of delivering comprehensive system specifications with which to engage the IT team
- Providing technical support for the data management of existing projects by providing root cause analysis of complex technical issues requiring expert PLM & ERP system knowledge and providing clear, concise and actionable conclusions
- Carrying out product data control functions through from concept design phase through product life, engaging with functional teams dependent on product data and delivering output aligned with project KPIs
- Managing small and medium sized process improvement projects of high complexity through from initial requirements to implementation. Confirm and agree technical specifications and requirements. Carefully managing the interface requirements between the stakeholders evaluating technical and commercial risk
- Validation of the product data integrity by ensuring that the product output activities are aligned with the design concept. Providing the necessary feedback into relevant departments
- Ensuring that design and system information is correct and aligned with the expected deliverables of the team to enable effective interdepartmental information flow (e.g. Maintenance, Procurement, QHSE, Training, Testing, etc)
- Initiate and implement process improvements to improve performance, efficiency and encourage the introduction of innovations into the Hitachi Rail organisation
- Provide support to the maintenance of technical data
- Have the ability work with little supervision
- Some examples of the type of work that the Product Data Engineer could be involved in are:
- Data integrity assessments of engineering bills of material in Windchill PLM
- Part number consolidation, assessment & reporting
- SAP ERP data integrity & accuracy assessments
- Supporting engineers to achieve data consistency and standardisation
- Active participation in national and global activities to support data driven capabilities
- Creation of PowerBI monitoring tools to support engineering processes
- Assuring effectiveness of data shared between engineering team
Key Skills & Experience
You will be able to demonstrate the following
- Having a knowledge of the common types of product data
- Understanding the use of product data for configuration control through a product lifecycle
- Understanding the purpose of hierarchical product structures and their application in product configuration control
- Having experience of the engineering design of complex products such as automotive, aeronautical or industrial machinery
- Being comprehensively skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel for data interrogation and manipulation
- Understanding the purpose and operation of modern PLM and ERP systems and their interaction
- Having experience developing and deploying technology driven process improvements to large teams
- Having experience of an engineering change control process
- Having knowledge of engineering standards
- Being familiar with the use of computer aided design
- Use of Creo and AutoCAD for computer aided design
- Experience using SAP, particularly Materials Management and Production Planning modules
- Experience using Windchill PLM for product configuration management
- Experience using Power BI for data analytics
- An engineering or related degree qualification
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!