Job ID: R0003144
Date Posted: Jun 28, 2021
Segment: Construction Machinery
Business Unit: Hitachi Construction Machinery
Company Name: H-E Parts International LLC
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Occupation concerned with the application of principles of physics and engineering for the transmission and utilization of mechanical power: and the design, production, installation and maintenance of fabricated products, tools, machinery, and associated systems. Accessory techniques needed may be those used in electrical, metallurgical and civil engineering. Typical specializations are mechanical power generation, transmission and utilization: hydraulics; instrumentation; controls; automotive engineering; tooling; systems engineering, research; design; testing; sales and project control.
Has critical project technical leadership responsibility; may plan work assignments for lower level department employees; may coordinate work of engineers from other organizations or disciplines.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Safety - conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
2. Checks dimensions and finishes against drawings or work order specifications.
3. Provide direction and assistance to the BOM Specialist as required
4. New parts entry and maintenance of interchange/parts portion of ERP system
5. Provide direct hands-on support for the Engineering Department, with an emphasis on Quality Control
6. New Product Development: Review, verify and approve new drawings including material specification, tolerance, and review of part breakdowns
7. Review of existing drawings as necessary
8. Provide Technical Support as required for Production, Purchasing, Customer Service and Sales
9. Investigation of warranty issues and failure analysis
10. Other engineering projects as assigned
Position will be required to make decisions that will directly impact safety, quality of products and relationships with customer.
Position requires collaboration with department managers and current/potential customers.
Will interact with engineers, customers, supervisors and production personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree of Engineering or similar
2. 6-10 years of experience
3. Fluency with computer programs such as word and basic Excel.
4. Previous experience in a job shop or production machine shop is a plus.