Job ID: R0002596
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the around the globe? Come and join the fastest growing rail
business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
In this exciting new role of Maintenance Engineer, the successful candidate will develop, validate and continuously improve the maintenance manuals across all HRL products, in addition to managing projects to deliver improved maintenance practices, reduce maintenance costs and increase operational capability.
· Demonstrate a high level of Maintenance Improvement knowledge, Component Review and Optimisation Engineering knowledge to support the business.
· Develop and then continuously improve HRL product maintenance plans, including but not limited to Vehicle Maintenance Instructions, throughout the life of the units, ensuring high levels of safety, reliability and availability are met at all times.
· Support industrial engineering processes to enable maintenance work to be carried out in efficient manner.
· Write, review, validate and approve Maintenance Manuals to a standard that meets the industry standards and performance criteria.
· Development of Hitachi’s maintenance philosophy using condition based maintenance to assist in maintenance activities.
· Write and review Vehicle Maintenance documentation for new and existing Hitachi Fleets.
· Undertake engineering change control to implement updates to maintenance plans and documentation.
· Undertake periodic reviews of supplier maintenance documentation.
· Write Technical Bulletins and Engineering Briefs as required to support the maintenance documentation of all Hitachi fleets.
· Support the continued development of the maintenance management system (MMS) to ensure it meets the needs of the maintenance plan.
· Assist in optimising the Company’s maintenance policy and assisting in the development of maintenance practice in support of current and future contracts.
· Take part and where necessary, facilitate RCM development workshops.
· Collaborate and develop a good relationship internally with the Systems Engineers, Fleet Engineering and the Service and Maintenance teams.
· Provide leadership within the Maintenance Engineering team during times of absence of the Senior Maintenance Engineer
· Sound knowledge of, and compliance to, Railway rules and regulations.
· Extensive engineering experience at a similar level with large multi-discipline projects.
· Extensive knowledge of operational/maintenance engineering practices.
· Proven ability to work under pressure and to deliver complex projects on time.
· Extensive experience in the management of stakeholders and project governance.
· Extensive knowledge of Rolling Stock Engineering and Maintenance Practices.
· Degree or equivalent qualified engineer or equivalent proven railway experience
· APM or PRINCE 2
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times.
· Able to collaborate and be a good team worker by seeking common ground.
· Able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company.
· To be autonomous and confident to make technical decisions and resolve problems.
· Ability to anticipate problems and to take mitigating actions in advance of the problem being realised.
· Confident in their own work.
· Commercially aware.
· Must be willing to travel and stay away, both in and outside of the UK from time to time.
· Flexible with working hours.
· Rolling Stock Operational experience essential.
· Mechanical and Electrical knowledge.
· RCM knowledge/experience or practitioner preferred.
· SAP experience.
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!