Hitachi Vantara LLC (the "Company"), headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd. The Company is a leading provider of cloud-based storage infrastructure solutions, storage and data management software analytical tools and technology consulting services that support the evolving digital needs of our global customer base. The Company guides our customers from what is now to what is next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences and deliver social and environmental value.
We are seeking an experienced Credit Professional to manage the AMERICAS customer credit portfolio. The Senior Credit Analyst is primarily responsible for analyzing customers' financials, assessing the creditworthiness of a company, and recommending appropriate credit limits and risk. The Senior Credit Analyst performs all duties in compliance with established company policies and within Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines. The Senior Credit Analyst will report to the Credit Manager AMERICAS. This a remote position but target key city is Orlando, Florida.
Candidates who are in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale Areas or in other cities in Florida will be considered if they fulfill the job's requirements. Since this position serves AMERICAS, there may be some LATAM travelling involved.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maximizes revenue potential while mitigating risk.
- Monitors and maintains credit limit funding of the customer portfolio to support the primary sales objectives.
- Monitors the credit exposure level and risk exposure profile of the customer base portfolio and takes appropriate action if needed if credit exposure and/or risk profile exceeds corporate risk tolerance.
- Monitors global geo-political events and conditions worldwide and advises Credit Manager and/or Director of Global Credit and other appropriate personnel of possible risk exposure due to developing events.
- Monitors global economic conditions and advise Credit Manager and/or Director of Global Credit and other appropriate personnel of developing adverse conditions.
- Provides risk rating guidance to sales and finance for proper proposal submission.
- Monitors risk change of the customer exposures and take appropriate action if a customer risk profile is negatively impacted due to developing adverse conditions specific to the customer, directly affecting the customer, directly affecting the customer base portfolio of a certain geographic region, country, or industry.
- Ensures credit activities and all consequential transactions are SOX compliant and reports exceptions to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors the customer base portfolio of unusual activity such as fraud and other illegal activities.
- Ensures all credit transactions are fair and equal under the law and are export compliance.
- Prepares evidence of credit due diligence and obtains proper credit approvals as needed per established credit policy.
- Monitors emerging market trends and adapts to the primary objective whenever possible.
- Executes other pertinent credit functions and documents such as letter of credit negotiation, letter of credit draws, bankruptcy claim forms, reclamations, repossessions, and other pertinent credit documents and functions.
- Monitors credit hold, release requests and determines reason for credit flag, release of orders, or holding of orders for further corrective action.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- Require 2 to 3-year experience in global credit and collections.
- Ability to analyze financial statements and determine trade credit and lease credit (2 to 5-year terms) credit worthiness.
- Effective communication skills while treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- Accounting or Finance experience or education (knowledgeable on cash account receivables and cash forecasts)
- Good time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with cross functional team members.
- Good project management skills.
- Competency in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Knowledge of Oracle System.
- Strong Excel spreadsheet, Word document and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Oracle System
- Strong Excel spreadsheet, Word document and PowerPoint skills
- Accounting or Finance experience or education
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: