Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.Job purpose
Work both individually and as part of the Services team to provide the delivery of Maintenance Support Services - Professional Services, Customer site management, Break fix remediation services, Installation, and Implementation Services, and to also provide technical assistance to the Hitachi Vantara Sales Teams.Responsibilities
- Reporting to Northern Region CS-S Manager
- Provide the timely and logical provision of post-sales support to Hitachi Vantara's Customers in alignment with their specific support agreements.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to the recommended routines and procedures. Target to maintain an RGA level of microcode
- Provide problem management and escalation with the aid and support of the GSC, FSE's
- Perform the Installation and implementation of new Solutions and the upgrade of existing Solution platforms.
- Service delivery of engineering and reconfiguring changes, equipment and site relocation services.
- Target to meet operational KPI's specific to CS-S.
- 24/7 on call support for Hitachi Vantara's customers for the provision of remediation services on a rostered basis.
- Conducting product demonstrations/training for customers and staff, providing clients with basic product knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions.
- Report new opportunities or threats to the Hitachi Vantara Sales Team.
- Comply with all published Hitachi Vantara policies and procedures.
- Perform all your duties in a manner that complies with Hitachi Vantara's core values.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by your manager.
- Comply with Hitachi Vantara's customers onsite rules and procedures
- Must have an existing TSPV security clearance with the Department of Defence and must have current approved unescorted Data Centre access for ASD.
- Must be able to operate and perform their duties in "Dark Site" environments where access to remote support is very limited and other restrictions exist in terms of access to software tools and telephone communications to engineering support etc .
- Sound technical and hardware knowledge of SAN/Fibre/Storage and Server products and solutions specifically Hitachi Content Platform.
- ADVA dark fibre solutions using multiplexing products.
- Experience of Windows Server, Linux, VMWare desirable.
- Experienced in a customer facing role and displaying a mature approach to service delivery business.
- Must be a Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Must take great pride in delivering professional outcomes
- Flexibility and a willingness to work outside of basic job spec.
- Available to provide 24/7 on call support.
- Available to work after hours from time to time for the delivery of post-sales services to customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with the use of Windows, MS Office, Outlook, IE, etc.
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as work in teams
- Good self-motivation and learning skills.
- A Willingness to accept responsibility.
- Well organized, adaptable and clear thinker.
- Remains Cool in a crisis
- Will escalate issues immediately when necessary
- Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Able to, with the aid of, manuals, diagnostic tools, and product knowledge, troubleshoot and identify root cause or failing FRU in response to a call for remedial support.
- Able to install, configure and implement both Hardware and software products
- Able to follow process and procedures
- Must comply with Hitachi Vantara and customer reporting and administrative requirements.
- Personable - able to represent Hitachi Vantara positively to customers and staff.
- Able to work in stressful environments and critical situations.
- Able to relate well to both customer business and technical staff.
- Motivated to leverage the most out of all training opportunities.
- At least 7 years as a H/W field engineer in data solution support
- Must possess a current active TSPV
- Must have a current unescorted access clearance to ASD's primary ACT Datacentres
- Strong proven skills in providing field Support into dark Site environments - know tools and methodologies
- Strong proven skills in HCP field support
- Strong proven skills in UCP field Support
- Strong proven skills in Storage Array and Fabric switching field Support
- Must have experience and skills in supporting ADVA FSP2K and FSP3K DWDM's
- Must be a Team player accustomed to working in strong dynamic team and in challenging circumstances
- Will have proven experience with using and configuring MS Windows, LINUX, VMware in a field support capacity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.