Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The role
This position will work as a member of the Software Engineering team to develop and maintain parts of the Lumada software suite.
Qualified individuals must have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, and some background in distributed computing, large scale data processing, performance tuning and user interface design. The successful candidate will work with architects, product management, usability, quality and documentation.Responsibilities
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses - Product Managers
- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
- Be able to assess application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Experience React, AngularJS or Vue; HTML5, CSS, D3, Loopback, REST/JSON
- Experience developing solutions using open source and DevOps frameworks and tools such as Github, Selenium.
- Experience working with Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum, TDD)
- Hands-on experience with front-end testing using Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium or equivalent framework.
- Experience with modern microservices architecture, prior experience with micro-frontend technology and framework a plus.
- Experience with container technology, docker, Kubernetes a definite plus.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
- Database experience with RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge