Hitachi Vantara provides information technologies, services and solutions that help companies improve IT costs and agility and innovate with information to make a difference in the world. Our customers gain compelling return on investment (ROI), unmatched return on assets (ROA), and demonstratable business impact. Hitachi Vantara does business in more than 100 countries and regions. Our products, services and solutions are trusted by the world's leading enterprises, including more than 80% of the Fortune Global 100. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
Reporting to the Corporate team, this accounting professional will manage a team to provide timely and accurate financial reporting for the Hitachi Global Digital Holding organization (HGDH) including group consolidation activities (Hi-Tree reporting). This individual should possess strong leadership skills and attention to detail and analytical skills to efficiently provide consolidated reporting.
This role will ensure all areas of monthly financial close and reporting for HGDH are completed accurately and timely. This includes general ledger consolidation, monthly account reconciliations, group consolidation reporting inputs and other relevant tasks.Responsibilities
- Oversee the month-end close functions through ERP accounting system (Oracle) under the direction of Corporate Controllership to ensure HGDH is in compliance with the appropriate accounting standard.
- Oversee the month-end and quarter-end reporting activities for global consolidated closing through group financial reporting system (Hi-Tree reporting).
- Prepare analysis of period end financial reports for management team, as requested by Assistant Corporate Controller or Chief Accounting Officer.
- Coordinate and work closely with Hitachi Ltd liaison team and global shared services.
- Review reconciliations for all the Balance Sheet Items including Intercompany across regions.
- Support and coordinate internal and external Audit - Compliance activities for HGDH.
- Develop and maintain accounting infrastructure and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Support continuous process improvement and documentation for the business unit.
- Minimum 8 years accounting experience, CPA Equivalent Accounting Designation in India preferred (e.g. Chartered Accountant)
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Proficient with Oracle R12 preferred
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Office skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task various projects - initiatives
- Attention to details, organized and thorough, with the desire for continuous improvement
- Strong analytical and judgment skills to interpret and translate technical information
- Experience working with internal/external auditors
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours during peak periods including monthly close and expectation of partial day overlap with US pacific standard time.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.