Meet our Team
As part of our Global Support Center (GSC), you will have the ability to work with industry experts in nearly every aspect of IT and OT technology. From public/private/hybrid clouds solutions, data analytic solutions, LIDAR based video surveillance solutions and everything in between. We are a team with a passion for helping our customers in need.
The Global Support Center Senior Manager, Digital Intelligence, will lead a group of highly skilled professionals (Levels 1,2 and 3) in supporting Hitachi Vantara's Data Intelligence and Network Attached Storage product suites.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Lead the Data Intelligence L2 Technical Support Team, supporting Hitachi Vantara's customers on Data Intelligence and NAS suites.
- Responsible for managing English speaking centralized and remote support team covering all Hitachi Vantara supported products and services, hardware, software, and solutions support.
- Maintain the highest standard demanded by our global customers and ensuring "best practices" are always adhered to by all members of the team ensuring the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
- Engage with the whole global support management team to further develop, deploy, and maintain policies and procedures.
- Address any global customer satisfaction issues in a timely manner and to the complete satisfaction of the customer.
- Collaborate with Customer Services and Support to ensure service and support goals are met within day to day / week to week case and incident handling.
- Collaborate with all Global Support teams EMEA, APAC and the America's to deliver seamless world class support to our Hitachi Vantara partners and customers.
- Collaborate with external OEM Global Support teams to deliver seamless world class support to our Hitachi Vantara partners and customers.
- Ensure clear, concise, and timely communications are always maintained by the team, internal and external.
- Ensure agreed levels of service are always maintained.
- Ensure Global Support Knowledge Base contribution KPIs are met.
- Conduct regular meetings with direct reports to ensure expectations remain in line with goals of the global team.
- Drive individual and team performance coaching, mentoring, recognition, and reward.
- Develops and communicates a vision for Global Support that sets a positive tone and clarifies both staff objectives and how those objectives can be achieved. Leads by example and follow through on commitments.
- Meets as needed with other members of the GSC management team to resolve issues, identify opportunities for improvement, resolve joint budgeting/staffing issues and identify opportunities for increased efficiency.
- Collaborates with the GSC management team for continuous improvement, identifying and addressing inefficiencies, aligning at every opportunity to develop further efficiencies.
- Collaborates with the Customer Service and Support management teams for continuous improvement, identifying and addressing inefficiencies, aligning at every opportunity to develop further efficiencies.
- Utilize metric reporting to identify and address performance issues, highlight high performance for reward and recognition and drive efficiencies.
- Participate on a weekend rotational basis a duty to cover GSC Manager on Duty responsibilities. May be required to cover responsibilities for other GSC management members, vacation, training, etc.
- Minimum BA/BS in business or management or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years of service and support related experience. (Global or International experience preferred)
- Proven ability to manage 10+ direct reports with advanced skills and tenure.
- Strong matrix management skills with internal and external stake holders and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship management and leadership skills are required, as well as the ability to interface with all areas of the organization.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills with a proven track record communicating with all levels of management and levels below.
- Proven ability to work with legal and HR departments.
- Must have broad functional experience in the areas of program development, planning, finance, and operations.
- International experience
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated "big picture" experience is required.
- Can-do attitude is a must.
- Ability to inspire others.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge