The Hitachi Vantara Digital Infrastructure Business Unit (DIBU) Product Management team is looking for a Sr Director of Product Manager specializing in Software Defined Storage. The successful candidate will manage the Hitachi Vantara Software Defined Block and File product offerings and associated Product Management team. VSP and SVOS Product Management team, addressing customer and market requirements. This is a challenging position that requires a mix of strong technical skills and business aptitude.
As Sr Director Product Management for Software Defined Storage you will be the voice of the customer and drive solution development to deliver solutions to understand status, performance, configuration, and risk assessment across Hitachi Vantara platforms. Additionally, you will facilitate go-to-market activities including Support/Services, Marketing, and Sales to ensure the success and growth of our products. Management of a team of Product Managers responsible for HW and SW feature/functions of the Hitachi Vantara Software Defined Storage offerings, expanding into Hybrid Cloud Block and File Storage focus.
A position at this level requires a candidate who needs little to no supervision: a proven self-starter capable of understanding what needs to be done and making it happen. You must be able to communicate throughout all areas of the company including c-level, engineering, marketing, sales, support, and services to drive awareness and adoption as well as profitability for responsible products.
- Continuously analyze datacenter storage market to develop, maintain and socialize customer requirements, strategies, and business plans
- Drive Storage requirements across associated hardware and software components to simplify and enable advanced management
- Work across product and solution teams to drive and demonstrate vision and capabilities
- Work across product and solution teams to drive and support integration activities
- Develop and communicate vision and strategy to internal and external executives
- Specify and document product roadmaps and requirements by gathering knowledge through customer interaction, sales engagements, competitive analysis and analyst research
- Work closely with other Product Managers, Owners, Solutions, Marketing, Sales and Engineering teams to define and develop detailed product/business requirements.
- Develop relationships with 3rd parties and recommend possible platform component solutions.
- Frequent interaction with customers to deliver product vision and roadmaps as well as provide demonstrations and answer technical questions
- Oversee entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical GTM activities
- Manage Storage Product Management team
- 10+ years of Storage experience
- 10+ years of Product Management/Marketing/Technical Sales experience
- Deep knowledge of storage technologies and management interfaces
- Strong knowledge of data protection and copy data management across the data center with focus on storage platforms
- Understanding of datacenter storage market, directions and needs
- This position will require domestic and international travel (30%) in the future
- A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in Computer Science or related field
- An MBA from an accredited university is preferred.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge