Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking an experienced Credit Professional to manage the ASIA PACIFIC customer credit portfolio. The Sr. Credit Analyst is primarily responsible for analyzing customer financials, assessing the creditworthiness of a company, and recommending appropriate credit limit and risk. The Credit Analyst performs all duties in compliance with established company policies and within Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines. The Sr. Credit Analyst will report to the Credit Manager ASIA PACIFIC.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maximize revenue potential while mitigating risk.
- Monitor and maintain credit limit funding of the customer portfolio to support the primary sales objectives.
- Monitor the credit exposure level and risk exposure profile of the customer base portfolio and take appropriate action if needed if credit exposure and/or risk profile exceeds corporate risk tolerance.
- Monitor Asia Pacific/global geo-political events and conditions region/global-wide and advise Credit Manager and/or Director of Global Credit and other appropriate personnel of possible risk exposure due to developing events.
- Monitor Asia Pacific/global economic conditions and advise Credit Manager and/or Director of Global Credit and other appropriate personnel of developing adverse conditions.
- Provide risk rating guidance to sales and finance for proper proposal submission.
- Monitor risk change of the customer exposures and take appropriate action if a customer risk profile is negatively impacted due to developing adverse conditions specific to the customer, directly affecting the customer, directly affecting the customer base portfolio of a certain geographic region, country, or industry.
- Ensure credit activities and all consequential transactions are SOX compliant and report exceptions to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor the customer base portfolio of unusual activity such as fraud and other illegal activity.
- Ensure all credit transactions are fair and equal under the law and are export compliant.
- Prepares evidence of credit due diligence and obtains proper credit approvals as needed per established credit policy.
- Monitor emerging market trends and adapt to the primary objective whenever possible.
- Execute other pertinent credit functions and documents such as letter of credit negotiation, letter of credit draws, bankruptcy claim forms, reclamations, repossessions, and other pertinent credit documents and functions.
- Monitors credit hold release requests and determine the reason for credit flag, release of orders, or holding of orders for further corrective action.
- Carry out any duties as directed by the management.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- Require 2 to 3-year experience in global credit and collection.
- Ability to analyze financial statements and determine trade credit and lease credit (2 to 5-year terms) creditworthiness.
- Effective communication skills while treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- Good time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with cross-functional team members.
- Good project management skills
- Competency in English - both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Oracle System
- Strong Excel spreadsheet, Word document, and PowerPoint skills
- Accounting or Finance experience or education
- Good analytic, problem-solving, and influencing skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.