Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Telecom & Security Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Thessaloniki - Greece. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
Take part to the design and commissioning of the Telecom & Security technologies in order to comply with the requirements in terms of time, quality and cost either for an assigned Tender
and Backlog Project. Accountabilities
- Support the identification, the management and the fulfillment of the contractual requirements
- Contribute to the identification and resolution of the interfaces with the main subsystems (e.g. Signaling, CW, Rolling Stock, etc.) according to the project design schedule
- Contribute to the Preliminary Design, Detail Design and Installation Design for each Telecom & Security technology.
- Guarantee the commissioning of each Telecom & Security technology
- Provide contribution to the continuous updating of the Standard design in accordance to the technology innovation and in order to reduce internal and external costs in the assigned projects.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
- Working Knowledge of network design patterns and constraints (CCNA or equivalent certification would be an advantage)
- Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
- Working knowledge of wireless communications
- Ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
- Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
- Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
- Experience with network architecture design
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree
- At least 1 year of Railway System Engineering expertise
Education / Qualifications
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background.
Knowledge of Italian will be a plus
Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://careers.hitachi.com/.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail