Meet our Team
We provide a great contribution to Hitachi Vantara, as we identify cost savings opportunities, partner with stakeholders across the organization, execute competitive bids (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs), negotiate pricing, and execute contracts with suppliers and service providers. Our business relationships and contracts with suppliers enable our teams to excel in delivering profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of Hitachi Vantara; success that is celebrated and shared. What you will be doing
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing Americas, this sourcing professional will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of IT categories including hardware, software and telecom for the Americas region. This sourcing professional will also have some responsibility for global category project execution.Responsibilities
• As an individual contributor, this sourcing professional will serve as a trusted business advisor to stakeholders, providing best-in-class technical consulting from a sourcing and external benchmark/industry perspective.
• Develop robust competitive bids with stakeholder collaboration and perform the analysis required to select suppliers and solutions
• Use data analytics, industry benchmarking and strategic sourcing methodologies to provide guidance in the development and execution of sourcing and category strategies, contributing to improved profits and cash flows.
• Manage the development and execution of sourcing projects and initiatives ensuring alignment with the overall priorities and objectives of Hitachi Vantara as well as the specific business function.
• Review contractual terms and conditions, negotiate and draft language to reflect favorable terms and mitigate risk.
• Develop and maintain a best in class global preferred supply base for respective area of responsibility.
• Lead negotiations with suppliers on a variety of contracts, to ensure maximum value and minimum risk to Hitachi Vantara.
• Manage strategic supplier relationships with cross functional/cross business impact covering multiple geographies within the Americas.
• Lead or assist with the development of process documentation associated with key process. improvement leveraging diverse ideas and expertise for category progression. This is an individual contributor role that manages project and initiatives.Qualifications
• BS (Business or Finance).
• 4 - 7 years' experience in Indirect Procurement sourcing and category management.
• Solid understanding of basic procurement law with correlating ability to author/negotiate/oversee: master supply agreements, professional services agreements, statements of work, change requests, amendments.
• Subject matter expertise in the IT category.
• Strong experience negotiating with SaaS software providers. Experience with Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, AWS agreements preferred.
• Experience executing competitive bids (RFPs / RFQs)
• Demonstrated track record of leading the sourcing process, working with stakeholders across businesses and geographies.
• Proven ability to communicate, influence and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
• Strong business acumen, including good strategy, financial and operational skills.
• Solid project management skills with the ability to drive and close multiple complex, high risk projects across business functions and geographies.
• Excellent negotiations skills with the ability to negotiate large volume, high risk deals independently.
• Strong supplier management skills.
• Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite), specially Excel.
• Experience working in eSourcing tool environment a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus.Other Requirements
• Able to navigate a fast-paced multi-national environment with personnel from all over the many regions and will seek to foster excellent working relationships.
• Must be well organized, confident in navigating demands from stakeholders, a natural self-starter with a willingness to learn and embrace new methodologies, whilst employing excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
• Hold a passport; be permitted to work in the US with a full driver's license.
Holding certifications in the below is a plus
• Procurement related certifications through ISM, American Purchasing Society or other recognized entity.
• Project Management.
• Legal and commercial negotiations.
• Remote location is approved, anywhere in the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what is now to what is next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we would love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they do not meet all the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge