Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Tester / Technician (electronics)
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Comprehend test specifications and interpret drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams and engineering specifications for testing product.
• Properly use semi-automatic testers and electronic and mechanical measuring/test equipment and fixtures, including routine maintenance, setup and programming etc.
• Perform a variety of electrical, mechanical, and electromechanical inspections/tests for checking all the part/product characteristics using already documented engineering specifications. (In case of non-conformity, define cause, troubleshooting the unit to determine problem, correct problem, and retesting.)
• Record inspection/test results and test configuration in MES and or as designated by departmental and global procedures.
• Utilizes experience, selects the best means to inspect/ troubleshoot/ test in the most efficient manner.
• Inspects own work for accuracy (prefer IPC 610 certification) and completeness, highest quality standards, and compliance to HSE and Safety critical requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Previous experience with troubleshooting of printed circuit boards to the lowest component level (i.e.: replacing capacitors, resistors, ic's, power supplies etc.) and effectively using different types of test equipment
• Must be able to perform work consistent with Hitachi STS USA workmanship standards
• Meet department and individual goals as established.
• Test products within specifications in required amount of time
• Basic soldering - will accept pervious soldering certificate - prefer IPC771 / 7722 certification
• Basic crimp style terminations - will accept pervious crimping certificate - prefer IPC620 certification
• Knowledge or the products and product families - electronic assemblies, printed circuit boards, etc.
• Knowledge of special processes - soldering, crimping, and torque requirements Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Prefer minimum 2-year degree in electronics engineering
• Prefer experience in the electronics field and or military training in electronics.
• Technical expertise
• Dedication to continuous improvement
• Ability to work in a team environment and build effective relationships
• Use of MS Office, Team Center, and SAP Education:
• High School Diploma or GED required Languages:
• English - Proficient Benefits Hitachi Rai
l employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/