Job description Job Description
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated OS&M Supplier Quality Control Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing operational tasks and inspections activities at the external providers facilities or operational sites in Italy and Europe geographical area. The position is ideally based in Naples, Italy. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling systems, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Guides and supervises the "OS&M Ext. Providers" Non Conformities resolution process at the operational site.
- Carry out regular External Providers "in process checks" in order to:
- Inspect jointly the Supplier Process Control Plan Hold and witness points
- Confirm the Process Control Plan capability to intercept the Non Conformities
- Leads operationally the first article inspection (FAI) activities for new specific OS&M spare parts.
- Approves the External Providers Process Control Plans for the new OS&M outsourced activities (i.e. Repair\Overhaul\Tech upgrade etc.), typically through:
- Process Control Plan approval.
- Process Supervision and Validation at the startup phase
- FAI/qualification of first products processed with the new process (when required)
- Support the central Supplier Quality Assurance team for the qualification of new OS&M External Providers (Suppliers, Contractors or Service Providers) involved in specific OS&M activities.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
- At least 2 years of experience in similar supplier quality roles
- Knowledge of modern Quality Management tools, Process Quality Control methodologies and typical quality management leverages.
- Analytical approach and logical mind set.
- Attitude to Problem Solving and continuous improvement.
- Good communication skills.
- Predisposition to manage conflictual situations.
- Previous experience in Quality functions preferably in railway related projects.
- Basic understanding of Rolling Stock products\systems.
- Basic understanding of Railway Operations and Signaling principles.
- Knowledge of the typical Service and Maintenance Processes.
University Degree (Engineering) or Equivalent Technical background. Languages
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts