Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signalling HW Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission
Deliver the HW design of small (in terms of geography, or number of objects or subsystems or interfaces involved...) Signalling projects in accordance with industry and company standards, guidelines and processes. Accountabilities
- Ensure the review of HW design requirements allocation and gap analysis and demonstrate the compliance of design documents by the traceability;
- Ensure the delivery of detailed hardware design, including documents and drawings as well as input for development, integration, setup, testing, and maintenance in compliance with project requirements, project budget and schedule and company guidelines and processes;
- Participate to technical reviews to detect HW design errors, process and tool inefficiencies, ensuring the identification and implementation of corrective and improvement actions and that they are logged in a lessons learnt database;
- Ensure the effective implementation of the lessons-learnt database where the detected design errors, process and tool inefficiencies and the related corrective actions are duly recorded;
- Ensure the Issue of the complete HW Bill Of Materials of the project for the pre-defined technical scope;
- Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents, according to the V&V Plan;
- Contribute to the demonstration of compliance with applicable standards (fire/smoke, environment constraints like shocks, temperature etc.).
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- Proficient in writing and or modifying code
- Past V&V experience, writing and executing test
- Ability to write a technical document
- Ability to understand C code
- CENELEC standards knowledge
- Ideally the resource should have complete understanding of FDC3G and WSP platforms
- Completion of HW design on time, in accordance with project schedule and planned budget
- Number of errors (or design defects) or rework hours against comparable w orks
- From 3 up to 5 years of professional experience in Signalling HW design.
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background. Languages
Good English proficiency. Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/