Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SIGNALLING V&V ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Naples - Italy
In Naples Hitachi Rail employees roughly 700 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art, signaling systems design, the analysis of safety, reliability and availability, laboratory testing, contract management and control, research and development, procurement, and prevention and protection.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Naples offices are located in the area of San Giovanni a Teduccio, industrial area where is easy to reach the airport and train stations.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Mission:
Deliver complex (in terms of number of interfaces and/or contract value) Signalling systems and subsystems that meet Signalling system and subsystem requirements, in compliance with project schedule and budget. Build the required V&V evidences. Accountabilities WITH REFERENCE TO COMPLEX SIGNALLING SYSTEMS AND SUBSYSTEMS:
• Ensure delivery of system and subsystem Signalling solution in compliance with Signalling system and subsystem requirements, and in accordance with quality, project schedule and budget
• Guarantee the definition of the Signalling system and subsystem Validation Test Specification and the implementation of the Signalling system and subsystem V&V activities according to the RAMS governance directions and to the Company processes and guidelines.
• Ensure delivery of project V&V documents at Signalling system and subsystem level in cooperation with the other RAMS functions, Engineering, Operation & Maintenance and external suppliers.
• Support V&V activities through participation to projects, bidding and delivery phases: Signalling system and subsystem V&V planning, attendance to design reviews with suppliers, attendance to the field tests.
• Support that subsystems suppliers provide V&V evidence.
• Ensure the delivery of the Signalling system and subsystem V&V report.
• Ensure the proper level of independence in the definition and implementation of the Signalling system and subsystem V&V activities in compliance with applicable standards and SILs.
• Ensure the definition of the requirements and expected features for the testing environments/tools, needed to execute the Signalling system and subsystem Validation activities.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Compliance with project schedules
• Cost and quality of deliverables (based on respect of budget and approval or number of non compliance of Client/Assessor)
• Effective support to PE/WPL SIG / RAMS Manager/SiG RAMS (Based on PDP)
From 3 up to 5 years of RAMS and/or V&V experience Education / Qualifications
Technical Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Languages
Good English proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/