Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
What you'll be doing
• Serve as a SME for Linux Desktops/Laptops
• Technology and business enablement advocate to advise best practice methods in how to maintain the environment while quantifying business value
• Define and implement efficient end-to-end solutions
• Independently lead the design of RHEL/Unix desktop OS solutions to include hardware platforms, services
• Develop detailed project plans, work breakdown structures and operational readiness materials
• Independently complete solution implementation or Linux Desktop design deliverables
• Support multiple technical teams in 24 x 7 operational environments with high uptime requirements including on call support.
What you bring to the team
• In-depth (L3/L4) knowledge in all aspects of Linux Systems (RHEL) Desktops/Laptops.
• Experience managing and troubleshooting Linux Desktop OS for end users
• Exposure to other Unix-based OS administration and best practices
• Knowledge of network technologies: SAN/NAS/LAN/WAN
• Experience on satellite server technologies and fibre switches
• Strong knowledge on Unix fundamentals
• Hands-on experience on ext4/xfs File systems and partitioning, Package Mgmt Tools like Yum, RPM.
• Excellent Desktop OS-level debugging skills
• Experience with one or more functional areas of Linux (e.g. kernel, networking, file system, gcc)
• Excellent troubleshooting skills on RHEL Desktop OS, LVM and related technology
• Experience with assessing and optimizing system performance and tuning RHEL Desktop OS.
• Experience working with collaborations tools like skype, teams, zoom, slack.
• Familiarity with system security/vulnerability management
• Ability to learn new technologies on own
• Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently
• Ability to participate and contribute during crisis times, assist team members/leads, as needed
• Show adaptability and flexibility in work to suit business requirements
• Demonstrate ownership and responsibility in all assignments
• Build positive working relationship with customers with the intention to exceed their expectations
• Strong written and verbal communications along with strong technical documentation skills; fluent in English
• Experience working on OpenStack technologies is a plus
• Certifications in Red Hat
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge