Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:Job Description Job Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications
- Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the development of data products.
- Keep current with technical and industry developments.
- Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy.
- Analyze data for trends and patterns and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical (i.e., multiple regression, hypothesis testing) and machine learning techniques (i.e., clustering, decision tree learning, Ensemble models etc.) for real-world applications. Strong SQL foundations - ability to manipulate data using R or Python.
- Use strong business acumen, as well as an ability to communicate findings, and mine vast amounts of data for useful insights.
- Use a combined knowledge of computer science and applications, modelling, statistics, analytics and math's to solve problems.
- Extract data from multiple sources
- Sift and analyze data from multiple angles, looking for trends that highlight problems or opportunities.
- Communicate important information and insights to business and IT leaders.
- Make recommendations to adapt existing business strategies.
- Collaborate with product design and engineering to develop an understanding of needs.
- Research and devise innovative Machine Learning, AI and IoT models for data analysis
Communicate findings to all stakeholders.
- Rich experience in using any cloud environment (preferably AWS with cognitive services like Lex) and Lamdba functions. Must have experience in API services for Translation etc.,
- Should have worked on Spark Environments/clusters.Hands-on experience in Pyspark is required.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline.
- 7+ years' experience in data science, Machine Learning and AI driven analytics
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL, and programming languages (i.e., Python/Go Lang etc.,
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge