Summary of the position:
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for positioning Sullair as a preferred supplier to assigned CAT Dealers and grow revenue with these accounts. Identify account prospects, develop relationships with key decision makers and influencers, present Sullair R&I value proposition to key decision makers, manage supply agreements, MOU and Distributor Agreements. Increase in CAT Dealer awareness and understanding of Sullair R&I product line, and an elevation of Sullair’s reputation and status within the CAT Network. Initiate and build business relationships with prospects key decision makers so that the productivity benefits of Sullair R&I line well understood within all companies at senior level. Fully understand the business and market dynamics of the rental industry and become a source of information to industry leaders. Collaborate and support Area Sales Managers to create a relationship with prospects branch locations in their respective territories. Increase effectiveness by ensuring all relevant team members are working together to prospect and close sales as well as providing superior service while driving aftermarket sales growth.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze CAT Dealer accounts and prospects, identify and prioritize sales prospects for Sullair portable product line, and coordinate overall strategy and planning with the Area Sales Managers and Channel Development team.
- Develop and maintain contacts and relationships with influential executives, especially those in Executive leadership, Procurement, Fleet Management and Product Sales/Service roles. Create and nurture effective business relationships with all CAT Dealers.
- Manage contracts and all related negotiations with the CAT Dealers, as well as CAT Corporate as needed.
- Initiate meetings with prospects, and effectively present R&I’s product and their benefits, with compelling and professional selling capability.
- Capture the individual and collective Voice of the Customer for the CAT Dealer network and ensure that any/all relevant information is shared internally with Product Managers, Sales, Service, and Channel Development functions.
- Have a sound understanding of customer productivity operations and R&I’s product technology and applications.
- Act proactively as a CAT Dealer Account Champion and CAT advocate within Sullair to ensure proper support and resources.
- Conduct regularly-scheduled updates on the CAT Dealer network for the Area Sales Managers, Channel Development team, Product Managers/Support, and any other relevant internal support personnel.
- Attend and actively participate at industry related trade shows, conferences and associations related to the CAT Dealer Network.
- Follow up and close at every customer contact event, both to gain commitment to further action and to close sales. The closing of R&I products sales to CAT Dealer prospects is the fundamental measure of success.
- Maintain company records, including internal databases such as CRM and Microsoft Teams, so that all relevant contacts, prospects and activity with CAT Dealers are recorded and freely available within R&I.
- Provide regular updates and reports to the Director of Sales R&I North America, as requested.
- Collect R&I and competitive product and market information. Share information with the Product Management and Sales Teams, as well as specific customer feedback regarding pricing, products and services.
- Provide feedback and input into the development, refinement and maintenance of all product marketing and technical sales materials prepared and issued by the Marketing team.
- Ensure that very close collaboration and teamwork occurs with the Channel Manager and Area Sales Managers, ensuring that all prospects and customers are well serviced and that sales follow up occurs as required to close sales and service customers.
- Collaborate with the Sales Management, Channel and Marketing team to CAT Dealer prospects, identify high potential CAT Dealers and establish priorities.
- Collaborate with product S&OP team members, insuring products are available for delivery and invoicing to customers as customers require.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of innovative sales and marketing experience, Key/Strategic Account management, or dealer/distributor sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment. Experience selling Compressed Air or Air Treatment products with a commercial/industrial application is preferred.
- Prior experience and/or extensive knowledge of construction equipment operations, including sales, service, and aftermarket functions and requirements.
- Sound financial knowledge to include ability to comprehend and understand key performance indicators of dealers/distributors, such as profit margins, inventory control, machine/aftermarket pricing, etc.
- Able to create and implement strategic initiatives across a broad geographical area and a diverse customer base.
- Must have an established track record of having created successful sales and marketing programs and strategies.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate, organize, and motivate multiple teams toward identified goals.
- The business acumen necessary to qualify and prioritize existing accounts and/or potential account prospects based on revenue potential and other key variables.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and the ability to both deliver effective management/executive level presentations and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity and team player (builder). Self-motivated, high initiative, self-directed.
- Excellent organizational skills and the discipline necessary to maintain a strong pipeline of prospects.
- Extensive knowledge of North American marketplace as it relates to the compressed air and/or air treatment industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM tools.
- Ability to travel 50-75% domestic and international.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong desire for serving customers
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work well independently or with a team
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.