Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara is growing and we are looking for a Field Engineer to join us in providing excellent, hands-on customer service. This is a mid-entry-level role where you will focus on learning as well as providing direct support to our customers.
The main purpose of Field Engineer job is providing the first line of on-site field system support that includes hardware, software, and SAN networking to customers and field personnel on-site at customers or remotely.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Responsible for the successful CS-S implementation of complex storage related engagements including hardware configuration details, SAN enablement's and software quick starts.
- Responsible for coordinating all customer requirements for related activity.
- Acts as a source of expertise to others.
- Serves as a thought leader.
- Support the resolution of solution-oriented incidents/problems.
- This position is also the main CS-S resource for the delivery of packaged GSS services.
- This is the highest level of expertise in CS-S.
- Particular support activities include:
- Provisioning a high level of customer satisfaction through the effective delivery of technical support and service programs
- Product performance / maintenance, product installation, site planning and professional services
- Problem management through corporate Case Management systems - Interfacing with Global Call Center and Global Support Center
- Preventive maintenance according to recommended routines and procedures
- Understanding the responsibilities and fulfill the associated actions required by those elements of the Quality System, as defined in HDS Policies and Procedures, appropriate to the job function.
- Identify opportunities for improving customer care, whether internal or external to Hitachi Vantara, and initiates actions using the appropriate improvement process.
- Ability to identify and solve a wide range of problems
- Works primarily at customer sites - Other duties as assigned
- Being a part of support function, Field Engineer will closely work with Hitachi Vantara and channel sales force, other pre-sales personnel, post-sales engineers and channel department.
- Knowledgeable in multiple OS platforms with expertise in at least one of the following; Windows, Sun, HPUX, AIX
- Minimum of 3 years experience in storage related hardware / software products and service delivery
- Able to act as a thought leader and apply a high degree of technical aptitude to service delivery and problem resolution.
- Effective team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide customers and colleagues with detailed technical reports and diagrams
- Expertise in other storage solution areas - Software (In depth Hitachi Vantara product knowledge, general ISV knowledge) - Services offerings - Third-party components associated with these solutions
Washington DC Metro AreaOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge