#LI-MP94 Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated INNOVATION ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Mission:
Implementation of medium complexity innovative projects (complexity evaluated in terms of expected deliverables, number of involved technologies, number of requirements, number of involved internal/ external parties) or medium complexity work packages, innovative tasks Accountabilities FOR ASSIGNED MEDIUM COMPLEXITY INNOVATIVE PROJECTS/ WORK PACKAGES/ TASKS
• Ensure the identification, the analysis and the issuing of technical requirements relevant to the proposal/execution of the assigned innovative project/ work packages, tasks involving all relevant internal / external parties and partners
• Ensure the technical implementation of assigned innovative projects / work packages (both internal and funded)/ tasks and the technical coordination of the project/ work package team (internal/ external) in alignment with defined project milestones, schedule and costs
• Ensure the technical analysis, solution and escalation (if needed) of any project / work package/ task technical issues
• Ensure the monitoring of the progress status of the assigned innovative projects/ work packages (internal and partners activities for funded projects)/ tasks in terms of milestones achievements, actual cost and corrective action identification and implementation
• Ensure the identification of any deviations (in terms of schedule, quality,...) also including the ones which require approval in terms of mitigation actions
• Participate to the submission of assigned Innovative projects/ work packages to be implemented
• Participate to the definition of the architectures and products to be used for the selected Innovative Project / work package/ task
• Participate to the definition of innovative project / work package/ task work plan with special focus on schedule and cost analysis in collaboration with all relevant internal / external parties and partners in accordance with Company guidelines / rules (e.g.: project team structure)
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- University Degree or Equivalent Technical background
- From 5 up to 10 years of working experience
- Technical requirement definition and analysis
- Technological solutions
- Tender innovative requirement identification
- Technological Area Knowledge
- Deliverable Production
- Project development life cycle
- Funded project main rules and organization (EU or IT)
- Costs management and accounting
- Hitachi Rail STS products & processes
- (Funded) Project Management
- Internal and External Process and Standards Know How
Technical Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Languages
Good English proficiency Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/