Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
In its 2021 Mid-term Management Plan Hitachi outlined its strategy for achieving a sustainable world as a global leader in the Social Innovation Business through improvements in social, environmental, and economic value as well as contributions to people's quality of life and enhanced customer value. To drive that agenda Hitachi Vantara has an opportunity for a proven sustainability professional to take the lead on developing and executing the strategy for environmental sustainability.
In this high-profile role, you will harness the associated commercial opportunities and engage with leaders at all levels of the organization, setting the agenda and driving compliance whilst also identifying and helping to. This will include setting goals and metrics against which progress can be measured.
The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues at other Hitachi group companies, connecting and aligning the Hitachi Vantara strategy to that of Hitachi Ltd (https://www.hitachi.com/sustainability/
- Create and execute the ESG plan of the company to lead our commitment to Environmental Sustainability
- Align the environment efforts at Vantara with the entire Hitachi, take responsibility for existing and future environment processes working with Hitachi Ltd's Chief Environmental Officer.
- Build and sustain external networks to identify current market and industry trends. Contributing to our global recognition as a leading ESG company
- Find significant Government investments committed to the post COVID "Green recovery". This will include developing strong external relationships especially with local government
- Create clear and compelling vision for mid and long term business growth.
- Collect and analyse a wide variety of information to gain deep understanding of changes that will impact business.
- Understand customer's business and respond effectively to their needs and issues. This will include creating and proposing new value to help customer's growth.
- Promote new environmental opportunities to collaborate with existing and future customer commitments to deliver carbon neutral.
- Promote global guidelines, in the areas of environmental management, monitor the global operation.
- Lead cross business teams and establish regional environmental business strategy.
- Evangelize our ESG agenda and initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Significant experience designing and implementing strategies covering environmental sustainability
- Understanding of smart workplace technologies
- Knowledge of environmental laws and regulations that impact the company
- Experience with EHS policy and management with large, global organisations
- An understanding of how an environmental sustainability strategy and be leveraged commercially
- Experience of supporting and sustaining change in a complex global environment
- Strategic thinking skills to influence at C level to set direction and strategy
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment and in a global, matrixed, business
- Broad knowledge and understanding of global businesses
- Exceptional communication and influencing
- Strong analytical ability
- Knowledge of leading industry practices
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.