Application Project Manager - MEXICO
Job Family : Project Management
Level of Experience : Experienced
We are part of Hitachi Astemo focusing on world-leading advanced mobility solutions within the fields of electrification, autonomous driving, and connectivity to help reduce environmental damage, decrease traffic accidents, and improve comfort. Together, we contribute to a sustainable society and improved quality of life by providing mobility solutions that satisfy our customers and form the future core of automotive and motorcycle systems. Our people are at the heart of achieving these goals, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Our Brake Business Unit is one of the world's largest manufacturers of automotive braking solutions. Our products - disc brakes, drum brakes, electro-mechanical parking brakes and rotors - are dedicated to passenger cars, light commercial and two-wheeler vehicles through original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket distribution channels. We have a global footprint with operations in Europe, Asia, South Africa, North and South America.
We recruit and develop people from diverse backgrounds who can bring their skills and experience to our organization and make us even more effective. Own the Future and become a part of the team and join our organization.
Why Hitachi Astemo?
At Hitachi Astemo, Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit are practiced values - we respect each other, never pass the buck and work creatively to accomplish our mission. Our people are given exciting opportunities to develop and grow in a truly international business, where they are proud to be part of a collaborative and innovative team. Diversity & Inclusion is valued to build and leverage an inclusive work environment and embrace diversity to unlock our full potential. We believe that this will give us the strength to drive great innovations to create new values for people, vehicles and the society, and to unlock our full potential to become a global leader in everything we do.
Sound Interesting? Then we would like to get to know you. Apply online via our career site - we look forward to receiving your application! www.hitachiastemo.com/en/careersJob Purpose
Deliver a project on time, on quality and on cost.
Ensure project interface to the customer.Area of Accountabilities & Key Activities Lead Project
Ensure project driven according to internal standards
- Lead project team to ensure their engagement to deliver on time, on spec and requirement and on quality
- Lead the interdisciplinary project team
- Ensure that safety activities required to achieve functional safety are performed
- Regularly communicate with the team and management about project progress
- Follow and if necessary help to improve the corresponding processes and guidelines
- Track project progress with the team : planning, customer milestones, project variances
- Manage problem solving and risk mitigation process
- Manage profitability in respect with the awarded contract
Ensure communication / negotiation between customer and project team
- Follow internal project management process and facilitate the team to achieve each milestone with the right information
- Deliver materials (prototypes - off tools - PPAP)
- Ensure the completeness of the internal and customer documentation of the project
Key Professional Competencies
- Build and apply the project communication plan internally and to customer organizations
- Alert and manage escalation process according to internal rules
- Represent the group at customer and customer internally for the project
Key Personal Competencies
- Knowledge in Project Management methodology and tools
- Deep knowledge of project management process
- Knowledge of internal process and procedures
- Technical and manufacturing knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge in functional safety and its requirements
- Knowledge in financials
- Rather broad functional view
- Intercultural approach
- Fluent English level
Qualification & Experience
- Learning Agility & Adaptation
- Communication & Presentation
- Rigor & Organization
- Influence & Persuasion
- Implementation & Result Orientation
- Bachelor/Master degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Strong Project management experience in automotive industry