Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Junior System Administrator will be responsible for setting up and maintaining engineering lab environment (servers, networking, storage systems, backup etc.), maintaining accurate asset inventory and developing detailed technical documents providing a high-level summary of the lab configuration to the team.
• Install and configure Windows, Linux and ESX operating systems and other applications.
• Document the lab's configuration details and work with multiple engineering teams to build KVM, ESXi, Hyper-V VMs and load 3rd party software, configure network details.
• Set up test environments that include Hitachi storage solutions and Partner products.
• Design, develop, and maintain a dynamic lab environment that can be rapidly configured to suit specific hardware or software solutions.
• Develop automation scripts (i.e.: using Python, Perl, Shell, etc)., to accelerate configuration changes.
• Responsible for supporting and implementing the configuration, change, and problem management processes for each lab to ensure delivery of high-quality labs.
• Keeping systems operating efficiently by performing necessary upgrades, patching and repairs
• Maintain the inventory of all our engineering lab equipment.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams in developing and executing our overall ecosystem vision.
• Develop and follow best practices to ensure quality deliverables.
• Provide timely updates on tasks and meet deadlines with high quality deliverables.
• Participates in team meetings and is responsible for identifying, communicating and following-up on action plans related to achieving key milestones in each project.
• Accurately estimate effort needed to complete tasks.
• 3 years hands on experience in VMware ESXi or other virtualization products like Hyper-V, KVM, Windows, Linux variants (RHEL and CentOS)
• 1-2 years hands-on experience with any one of the Hitachi/Pure/EMC/NetApp storage products in block and file services.
• 1-2 years hands on experience to any one public cloud environment like AWS, Azure, GCP will be a huge plus.
• Familiarity with container technologies such as Docker, container management and orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift etc. is a huge plus.
• Good understanding of TCP/IP and networking
• Competent with at least one of the following scripting languages; Python, bash/ksh
• Must have an excellent understanding of these technologies and how to apply them successfully.
• Strong verbal presentation skills using remote tools like ZOOM and Microsoft Teams
• Ability to create technical presentations
• Excellent documentation skills in creating workflows, diagrams.
• A team player and fast technology adoption is a must.
• Ability to plan activities meticulously, identifying dependencies and proactively work towards resolution.
• Good communication skills to accurately report project status.
• Self-starter, self-motivated.
• Capable of taking responsibility for tasks and ensuring a successful outcome.
• Able to contribute to the work of a team while being motivated to work day to day on individual tasks.
• Independently determines methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
• Open to learn and adapt to different technologies.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.