Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Principal Project Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Jacksonville, FL. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Ensure Implementation of the project deliverables in a timely manner
• Guarantee the collection of all the relevant information for the Monthly or Quarterly Project review; guarantee the execution of the planned actions.
• Support capitalization and sharing of knowledge (e.g. best practice, lesson learned) on a continual basis as well as during the On-Boarding of new team members
• Ensure the execution of project tests and guarantee the related methodology and completion, respecting of Company guidelines & quality standards
• Ensure the consistency and respect of projects budget
• In conjunction with the Program Manager, ensure the alignment of the budget plan in terms of actuals, forecasting, based on monthly check; in case of issues plan actions to recover.
• Inconjunction with the Program Manager, ensure the delivery of the Project Management Plan (PMP) and the Engineering Management Plan (EMP) defining the scope of work, the deliverable and the resources allocation.
• Act as an Hitachi ambassador to the customer facilitating information transfer and communication between the Jacksonville office and the Pittsburgh office. Requirements:
• Over 10 years' of experience on several types of transportation systems (Railway, Metro, Tram, Freight)
• Solid understanding of integrated OCC System Architecture, Design & Integration during Project migration phases
• History of on time, on budget and on quality delivery with reference to project schedule and contractual requirements Education:
• Bachelor Degree preferred in Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent technical/scientific background Languages:
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/