Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara is currently expanding its team of cloud architects and is looking for a Cloud Solution Architect who has experience in architecting, implementing and delivering cloud computing solutions in AWS. This role will be responsible for implementing, supporting and delivering the Hitachi Vantara's cloud computing strategy. As a Cloud Solutions architect, this person will be driving the digital transformation of the enterprise and help modernize the entire IT infrastructure. This person will be working with other architects and engineers to architect and engineer new solutions in the cloud and migrating on-premise workloads to the cloud.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Work with rest of the Cloud Architecture team to design, implement, and support the core AWS platform (AWS Organizations, Landing Zone, AWS Catalog, Transit Gateway, Shared VPCs, Logging, Monitoring, security infrastructure, etc.)
- Design cloud solutions that are optimized for multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments
- Work with the security team to ensure the platform is secure and respond to any incidents
- Support Product Development Teams design and develop robust/cost-effective solutions in AWS
- Support IT Application Teams design and develop robust/cost-effective solutions in AWS
- Support IT in developing migration strategies for moving on-premise workloads to AWS
- Design and Develop a strategy for DR environment
- Work with networking team to design and maintain the networking environment connecting multiple datacenters and labs to AWS
- Documenting architecture, best practices, and procedures
- Coaching junior members of the team
- Be a part of the team that supports the global cloud platform 24/7
- 10+ years of Enterprise IT experience that includes a minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on experience in architecting and engineering solutions in AWS.
- A strong understanding of Application Development and IT infrastructure, governance, compliance and business process management
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Certification (preferably Professional)
- AWS Networking Specialty certifications is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience working with AWS Organizations, Landing Zone Architecture, AWS Catalog, and Service Control Policies
- Demonstrated Experience working with Shared VPC architecture, Transit Gateway, and Firewalls (Palo Alto and AWS Firewall preferred)
- Demonstrated Experience working with API Gateway, Lambda, and server-less solutions
- Experience in programming with Python and/or Node.js
- Experience in provisioning solutions using Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of working with extended virtual teams
- Intermediate to Expert level knowledge in AWS Networking and Security principles/tools
- Intermediate to Expert level knowledge of ECS, EKS, and Kubernetes
- Experience in implementing CI/CD Pipelines is an added advantage
- Experience in implementing logging and monitoring solutions using ELK stack, CloudWatch, or other open source technologies.
- Experience/knowledge of other cloud platforms (GCP/Azure/Oracle) is an added advantage
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $110K - $125K. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.